A7N8X-E Deluxe - Monitor connected to vid card doesn't come out of standby...

darklord110

Weaksauce
I just finished building a pc with an A7N8X-E Deluxe, and the video card is a Geforce FX 5900. Using the vga connector and the dvi connection on 2 different monitors, they would not come out of standby and actually turn on. I replaced the 5900 with my 5900 Ultra from my computer which I know works and neither monitor would work with either type of connection, again just as if it was plugged into nothing. Any ideas?

Sigh.

The problem is not the videocard. The problem has to do with your processor, RAM, motherboard, or powersupply.

Dismount everything, and try again.

I knew it wasn't the video card, its not the psu, used mine on it, not the ram, used my ram, remounted the cpu, still nothing, don't have another one to put in. Motherboard doesn't beep when turning on to post either. Probably DOA.

Boards are not just DOA.

I don't feel like retyping it, but just imagine me saying something like i said in this thread, but applied to your situation.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=715962

No beep for you implies b0rk3d processor or short happening under the board. See what the POST REporter is saying (if they're still putting that on their mobos)....

I suggest finding another CPU, or a friend that has one.

motherboards can just be doa

try powering it up without the memory in, and see if it warning beeps

you can also try powering it up without the cpu

i would suggest getting a good antistatic mat, unmounting the mainboard and placing it on there, then hook in the cpu, memory, vc

hook up the power and turn on the board, see what happens, this will eliminate the problem being a short between the case and the system

no, it doesn't give any warning beeps with no memory in. I'll go take it out now and try to power it up

Back