A7N8X Deluxe Dead? Part 2!

Teitoku

Limp Gawd
Alright, I have an a7n8x that bitches about the ram at startup. At first I thought it was the mobo, and it very well may be having a problem getting this ddr400 ram to ddr400, but how likely is that? It's gotten to where it won't POST anymore, just says "system failed due to memory error" or something.

I really don't want to go buy another gig of ram to replace my corsair xms sticks that I've been using since last october with no problems until recently.. is there anything else that could be wrong?
Right now I'm using some no-name ddr333 stick and it seems to be fine, so it could be the ****ing ram : (

you think it's the ram, huh?

can't rma it, so I guess I should start shopping.

I had one that just never decided to post after the first post and bios change (just standard setting changes, no ocing).

Then I got a non-deluxe version. My only problem with that was the ram wouldn't run in dual channel at 400mhz. But it was ok without dual channel. But in the end, it runs at 370 synced with the cpu at dual channel. I don't see enough detail in your post to know what you've been doing, but it wouldn't hurt to see if you really don't need to run them at 400 because if that's higher than the cpu bus you have set, then it could be hurting performance compared to being synced. But I'm sure you know more than met and your cpu might be 400bus to begin with.

Well you didn't specify so i'm assuming you don't have the a7n8x-e which is the nf2 ultra400's...the plain old a7n8x's (deluxe and plain) has a normal nf2 which doesn't officially support 400mhz mem or fsb.

When the power inverter for my pump fried on my box and the pumps stopped running my box was over heating instantly but the error my A7N8X gave me just before it hung from over heating was mem error and it was completely random, then i'd manage to get the mem error cleared and it would give me a video error then i'd have to clear the bios and it would give me the mem error again.
I can't remember where if found it at when i was researching the previously described problem (nvnews forums i think), but i found a bunch of info about the a7n8x giving mem errors when there was no mem error...somthing to look into. Only reason i didn't replace my mobo with these random errors is i finally started smelling smoke from my case :p

Even the "plain" support 400mhz CPUs, not originally of course, but the latest ones do, they even have a sticker stating that on it. I think the Deluxe had it printed on the box, not a sticker. Though, I hve no idea if that excludes ram at 400mhz.

Mine's the deluxe with nforce 2 ultra chipset, and it had been working without a problem at 200mhz fsb since october. Maybe the RAM just called it quits?
I hope there's a cheaper solution than buying all-new ram though.

Why can't you RMA the ram? It has a lifetime warranty. Didja mess with the heatspreaders or something?

Hmm...lifetime warranty from Corsair?
I doubted I had a warranty since I bought it off of some dude.

Originally posted by Teitoku
Hmm...lifetime warranty from Corsair?
I doubted I had a warranty since I bought it off of some dude.

It doesn't matter who owns it or where it came from. The memory has a lifetime warranty. Granted you have to jump through a few hoops to get an RMA number. I have RMA'd a total of 2 times with sticks that I have bought from forum members.

And you're sure they'll take it, even though it was from Joe Nobody on ebay?

from corsair's returns FAQ:

WHAT DOES THE WARRANTY APPLY TO?
This lifetime warranty applies to parts that were purchased from Corsair-authorized resellers, or were supplied by Corsair directly. Authorized resellers are resellers who are listed on Corsair’s web site at the time of module purchase.
WHAT PARTS ARE NOT COVERED BY THE WARRANTY?

The following parts are not covered by this warranty:
Modules that are missing the label containing Corsair’s part number
Modules that are purchased from other end users
Modules that Corsair determines were not manufactured by Corsair, i.e., counterfeit Corsair modules

Back