A way to "show folder contents" in sub-menu?

xorbe

Supreme [H]ardness
Say I have a folder of program short-cuts on my desktop. I have to open the folder, double-click the shortcut, and close the folder.

Is there a way to right-click the folder, and get a sub-menu that lists the contents of the folder? Sort of like how the Control Panel can be expanded on the Start Menu?

Just make a shortcuts menu on your taskbar or something.

Sort of... If you right-click your taskbar and select "Toolbars", then select "New Toolbar", then select the folder full of shortcuts you're talking about. Now you'll have a toolbar on your taskbar which pulls up a listing of that folder's contents.

Sort of... If you right-click your taskbar and select "Toolbars", then select "New Toolbar", then select the folder full of shortcuts you're talking about. Now you'll have a toolbar on your taskbar which pulls up a listing of that folder's contents.

Holy crap, I never noticed that. Yeah, sort of ...

Put them on your desktop?

After redoing my PC, I am trying to be a bit more organized this time. Ton of icons on desktop, then some game malfunctions, and desktop becomes 640x480, and then the icons are all over the place and mixed up.

Last edited:
Holy crap, I never noticed that. Yeah, sort of ...

After redoing my PC, I am trying to be a bit more organized this time. Ton of icons on desktop, then some game malfunctions, and desktop decomes 640x480, and then the icons are all over the place and mixed up.

I deal with that, too, but it's because I'm always running my various boxes in various resolution RDP windows. I've just learned to consolidate my desktop icons into the upper left corner of the desktop as much as possible.

Back