A sad reason to start folding again

Shambler

Supreme [H]ardness
A kid in my neighborhood, Tynan, has been fighting cancer since his 3rd birthday. Ups and downs to say the least.
From a bone marrow transplant from his sister. Many trips for blood and platelets. Many trips for chemo. A neighborhood fund raiser in his honor. A make a wish to Disneyworld. Lots of updates, memories and photographs posted on the following blog: http://tynanscrusade.blogspot.com/ (I'm slowly going through it, start to finish)

He passed Sunday, July 29th 2012. He was 5 years old.

I read the most recent blog entry tonight. It was posted 2:44 PM yesterday. I cried. Pretty hard.

Time to start folding again. :(

Sad news to hear. The blog posts were definitely tough to read without me thinking of my own kids and how I could possibly deal with what the parents and their child went through.

I cried, super sad. I gotta find a way to do more.

In addition to folding I've volunteered for several Relay for Life events.

Thanks for that link, really thank you.

I bought another core 2 duo rig(all I can afford)

my son is just turning 2 and I can't even imagine what something like this must be like for the family let alone the kid.

Lost my dad to cancer but when we get older its a bit easier to except something is gonna get us but this childhood stuff is crap.

I survived cancer as a real young kid, 2 or 3. I got lucky, that's why I fold. Sorry to hear about Tynan not being so lucky.

I have not read it, nor will I, I do not do so well where kids are involved, Just reading that others had cried made tears come to my eyes. One of my good friends son has fought Leukemia from the age of 2, He is a survivor and in his mid 20's now, but going through the battle for his life with his parents was one of the toughest thing in my life. I feel for the parents of Tynan and hope that some day our folding will help to bring an end to stories like these.

Fold On
Grandpa

The very same reason why I folded........ but mine lived

Not something you want to see happen to anyone, at all, Ive seen many a cancer in my family and with friends, and its scary that such a thing can happen, the body truly shuts down, even at such young of an age (5).

Im 28 now, and have serious risks for cancer due to family history, and I shudder at the thought that I may have some form of cancer, and even though folding wont relieve MY future, it may relieve my sons or his family's future.

I fold because I know what may be for me, but I dont know for my son or his family, so I fold not for myself anymore, but for future generations who should never have to watch their own children die before they do!

Back