A Review Site

travanx

[H]ard|Gawd
I wanted to make a simple review site for music. I was curious if anyone has any suggestions on a CMS that would work well for something like this. I would ultimately want to review something, have some pictures, links, calendar, and user ratings. Pretty simple, but would like to be able to add on to the site as needed with who knows what later on (ie. google maps stuff, etc). I am looking at phpWebSite currently, and might try installing a few before figuring anything out that I like.

Would wordpress work for something like this? Or is that too much for blogs?

Are you going to blogging at all or just static pages with reviews? Either way wordpress would probably work for this.

At first I wanted to do a blog style, but then realized if I ended up reviewing a lot of stuff a static page would be better and easier to go through. I think I will give wordpress a try for now.

Is joomla hard or easy to make really simple? Last time I installed it, it felt more like a myspace kind of page. Not at all what I want. Any good examples of a joomla site setup more like a normal website?

Joomla would be my recommendation.

Is joomla hard or easy to make really simple? Last time I installed it, it felt more like a myspace kind of page. Not at all what I want. Any good examples of a joomla site setup more like a normal website?

It can be made to be whatever you want.

My main sites:
www.TechIslands.com
www.BPhils.com

Templates really make it what it is and there are TONS of templates out there. Mine are both customized versions of templates from www.Joomlart.com which is not free, but there are many free template sources.

Back