** A Picture I Took - 2009 **

Macro Season! These are all D90 w/ the Tamron 90mm.

callaway1.jpg

callaway2.jpg

callaway3.jpg

callaway4.jpg

callaway5.jpg

callaway6.jpg

callaway7.jpg

Last one here was shot through a tinted car window - cool filter effect.

MarkIII is in the house.

3424468261_0f1c757ba5_o.jpg

Well, guess what. I picked it up a refurb one at Adorama. I sold my markII in the process. Wasn't too happy about how much I got for the markII. Could have gotten couple of hundreds more else where but I just don't have the time or the attention span to sell it elsewhere. Man, bodies do depreciate fast. Is a yellow dot. Serial number in the 569xxxxx range. Brand new. Good buy. I think the AF system works ok. Firmware 1.2.3 Here are 2 samples shot at a very high ISO setting without any NR.

1dmarkIII. 500L + 1.4x converter. ISO1600. AF point at the center.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/vracing/3425096500/]
3425096500_ae7100e6de_o.jpg
[/url]

1dmarkIII. 500L + 1.4x converter. ISO1000. AF point at the vary top.

Hope you got a model consent form signed before you took this. He looks like the type that might have objections to his likeness being misrepresented. ;)

That's she, actually, and she's not royalty, so I'm not too worried about getting cursed ;)

Here's another recent shot, taken during ROTC exercises in the area. It doesn't look it, but with wind chill it was below zero.

crw4663.jpg

Just getting started in this whole photography thing.....

IMG_2226.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2304.jpg

All were on a Canon XTi, EF 50mm f\1.8 lens, EXIF data should still be on em.

^^^Great shots DT! Love the last 3, especially the one w/ the fog on river. Did you say you were shooting in New Orleans now, or have you moved on already?

I know flower pictures are kind of cliche`, but... well... I was playing with my new close-up lens.....

purple_flower_1.jpg

purple_flower_2.jpg

Macro Season! These are all D90 w/ the Tamron 90mm.

I like the first few shots but why are you shooting at such a small aperture? There's little reason to ever be shooting at f/32 and the Tamron actually starts to lose sharpness past f/16 due to diffraction. If you shoot at a larger f/stop you probably won't have to use artificial lighting, i.e. flash, and your pictures will still be just as sharp, if not and most likely, sharper.

I like the first few shots but why are you shooting at such a small aperture? There's little reason to ever be shooting at f/32 and the Tamron actually starts to lose sharpness past f/16 due to diffraction. If you shoot at a larger f/stop you probably won't have to use artificial lighting, i.e. flash, and your pictures will still be just as sharp, if not and most likely, sharper.

Ah - good to know - thanks. The purple one that was at f/32 was in very broad daylight, so lighting wasn't an issue, and I was shooting fairly close up, so wanted to try the extra DOF. Didn't know it was loosing sharpness over f/16, though - I'll keep that in mind. Those were from my first real shoot with that lens, so I'm still getting the hang of it.

Ah - good to know - thanks. The purple one that was at f/32 was in very broad daylight, so lighting wasn't an issue, and I was shooting fairly close up, so wanted to try the extra DOF. Didn't know it was loosing sharpness over f/16, though - I'll keep that in mind. Those were from my first real shoot with that lens, so I'm still getting the hang of it.

Most lenses actually begin to lose sharpness past f/8, but the trade-off is sometimes worth it for the increased depth of field. Sharpness declines very rapidly past f/11.

For some examples and a more in-depth explanation, see this article at Luminous Landscape.

Yeah I didn't know much about diffraction until I started getting into shooting either, the only time I shoot at that high of an aperture now is when I'm shooting film in broad daylight with my F2 since the max shutter is 1/2000. Here's a good article on the Tamron 90mm's diffraction: http://photo.net/equipment/canon/can-tam-macro/.

Actually some sun out yesterday, so I took a shot of the blooming cherry blossoms. Man the wb is hard to get right on these little guys. :eek:

from last night. no post processing done this time. just stitched it together.
panoramav.jpg

Northrop, that's a really cool pano! What city?

Pepster64, lol I think you already posted that one up up a few posts ago. ;)

Nothing special, just thought I would share these guys with you.

They come every year around this time.
3441414920_86bee7c9f4_b.jpg

3441984057_85e9a57726_o.jpg

Drummer from Mean Spirits out of Norma, Ok. Shot at a local pub in fort worth with the worse possible lighting.

Dont worry, he only steals your soul when you are sleeping...

Back