a pic from my latest system...

ozziegn

The man behind the curtain...
well, I got too bored with my previous SFF system so I decided to give the Shuttle brand a try and so far so good. its their SB75G2 XPC matted with a 2.8C @ 3.3Ghz w/ 512MBs of Corsair XMS PC3200.

here's a nice shot of how she turned out:

shuttle1.jpg

shuttle2.jpg

shuttle3.jpg

shuttle5.jpg

now, I do realize that a whimpy 500Mhz O/C isnt nothing to break a sweat over but I think it is when it comes to these SFF systems which havent really been too famous for their O/Cing abilities. needless to say I am happy so far with her running at 3.3Ghz w/ the SMART fan feature enabled in the BIOS which runs the fan according to the CPU's temp. heck, even when the chip does get stressed with something like Prime 95, the fan is still pretty quiet.

my real only complaint is how noisey the fan is in the power supply. I dont really know if its just my system or if other Shuttle owners also have a noisey P/S fan. so if you own a Shuttle system, please let me know if you can hear your P/S's fan or not.

that shuttle is sweet...i like the look a lot.

that's a cool overclock too...500 mhz is good, i believe.

Bump for your post count as well :D

wow, I generally hate shuttle cases.. but that is very clean..

nice..

Very nice, ozz. I like the fact that you filled your 3 1/2" drive bay with a 7-n-1 reader, too. Very functional, seeing as to how much I HATE having to hook my 10D up via USB. lol

Looks nice and clean! Is that a mesh grill on the side for airflow? Is case lid on all the way or did they do a poor job manufacturing the panels to sit flush?

Originally posted by Equalizer
Is case lid on all the way or did they do a poor job manufacturing the panels to sit flush?

yeah, you noticed that too?

I think I can easily fix that but it kinda cheezes my butt that I have to fix a $360 case. :rolleyes:

*EDIT*

okay, I fixed the side panel rather easily by just bending in the inside railing a tad.

a "before" shot:

shuttle1_b.jpg

and an "after" shot:

shuttle1.jpg

again, I think thats BS that one has to fix a brand new, top-of-the-line SFF but whatcha gonna do...

Originally posted by option141
that's a cool overclock too...500 mhz is good, i believe.

well, its okay but certainly not worth bragging about.

heck, my previous full sized system had a 2.4C with an IC7 and it was running flawlessly @ 3.5Ghz on stock voltage. :cool:

but as I said, these SFF system arent too O/Cing friendly. :(

it wouldnt' look good.

i think too many people are using windows, that's why i like seeing something new

Originally posted by ozziegn
yeah, you noticed that too?

I think I can easily fix that but it kinda cheezes my butt that I have to fix a $360 case. :rolleyes:

*EDIT*

okay, I fixed the side panel rather easily by just bending in the inside railing a tad.

again, I think thats BS that one has to fix a brand new, top-of-the-line SFF but whatcha gonna do...

Looks much better! I'm one of those nit picky people with everything I buy. Just about everything lacks in quality these days so it’s hard to be completely happy with my purchases.

Is the mesh on the side of the case for airflow? I've been thinking of going SFF with my next case but heat worries me since my computer room always stays hot.

That system is very nice and I bet it looks real good beside the 2001fp!

Looking very sleak and clean. the mesh siding is nice on the cube. i doubt it would look that great on a full tower. i nice edition to the case.

Originally posted by skaquixotic
wehre did you get the mesh from?

I'm pretty sure the anniversary Shuttle comes with the little mesh window. Not sure about the other models though.

But anyways, nice case ozz!

Originally posted by strid3r
I'm pretty sure the anniversary Shuttle comes with the little mesh window. Not sure about the other models though.

the only other Shuttle that I know that comes with the black mesh is the black case thats got the 875P chipset.

I dont remember which model it is off the top of my head.

Back