A handful of exciting Mega Man announcements from Capcom

Derangel

Fully [H]
Capcom held a 30th Anniversary stream for Mega Man today and announced some stuff:

The "least" of them is that Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 and 2 are coming to the Switch sometime next year.

Second, All eight Mega Man X games are coming to the PS4, XB1, Switch, and Steam next year.

And FINALLY! Capcom announced MEGA MAN 11! Coming late 2018. With a new art style and new take on how powers change Mega's look. The style reminds me of what Comcept was going for with Mighty Number 9, but actually a successful take on that style.

I really like the new look for Mega and the enemies. I'm glad they didn't just take the easy route and make another 8-bbit game.

"easy route... 8-bit"
These days, a game of this style really isn't any harder or easier to make if you decide to go 2D or 2.5D. It's just a simple choice of art style.

Mega Man X Collection officially announced, releases on all current gen consoles and PC July 24th. It comes in 2 parts like the original collection, and is priced at $19.99 each. 1 will include X through X4, while 2 will include X5 through X8. I wonder how many will forgo Collection 2, as X6 and X7 are the most hated entries in the community. Will people pay $20 just to get X8?

http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/...-x-legacy-collection-1-and-2-launch-july-24th

Mega Man X Collection officially announced, releases on all current gen consoles and PC July 24th. It comes in 2 parts like the original collection, and is priced at $19.99 each. 1 will include X through X4, while 2 will include X5 through X8. I wonder how many will forgo Collection 2, as X6 and X7 are the most hated entries in the community. Will people pay $20 just to get X8?

http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/...-x-legacy-collection-1-and-2-launch-july-24th

Collection 2 is for a Steam Sale.

The X Collection just released today. People are saying there is a good 150ms of input lag in this release.

I had trouble with the SNES Classic version of the first game that has half that amount of lag. Guess I will be skipping this one unless they fix it.

The X Collection just released today. People are saying there is a good 150ms of input lag in this release.

I had trouble with the SNES Classic version of the first game that has half that amount of lag. Guess I will be skipping this one unless they fix it.

That's WAY too much for games like this. Even half that. I can usually adapt pretty well to non-optimal play, whether that's latency or something else, but these numbers are pretty out there.

I bought it. I'll give it a go tonight. I have issues with the other collection as well. But, find the lag not too bad if using the 8bitdo controller over the iBuffalo.

Moar.

5 seconds of the opening FMV to X4 was cut for "resembling" a "Nazi" salute.

I thought Nazis were bad guys? What's wrong with portraying bad guys as Nazis?

That's ridiculous. I'm really quite sick of people revising things out of classic games. (or even movies) It's like removing the hexagrams out of Devil's crush on the Wii VC version, or editing the guns out of E.T. Why the fuck?!?!

Well, at least we're not all crying like anime characters on prom night...

Caved, bought it on PS4. Played through X, going to do X2 next and continue chronologically as such. I don't think input lag is that much worse than the SNES Classic version. Lack of remapping options is disturbing. Used Accessibility options to map dash to R2 since the game won't let me. Looks really good. Haven't noticed any slowdown issues that were not in the original SNES version. Some are upset that it's not like the Gamecube version, but I actually prefer the 1:1 experience compared to the original. As far as display options it has 16:9 stretched, 1:1 pixel map, or 4:3 like the SNES Classic.

I don't think the input lag on the PC is that bad. At least, not with the 8bitdo anyway. I generally prefer playing with the iBuffalo because of "turbo."

I went ahead with buying the Japanese version, because a few things were removed from the American version that are still present in the Japanese version. Yeah, it shouldn't be a big deal, but I'm a purist.

I went ahead with buying the Japanese version, because a few things were removed from the American version that are still present in the Japanese version. Yeah, it shouldn't be a big deal, but I'm a purist.

Rockman!

What can I say? Better packaging.

upload_2018-7-31_13-40-0.png

Plus, *gasp* There's actually stuff in the box rather than just the discs! The Japanese are good like that. Games typically come with junk rather than the US releases.

Unlike the US version, songs are in tact on the Japanese version of the game. The video though has the salute clipped out, which leads to kind of an awkward moment in the intro of X4, as the song suddenly ends, rather than fades out like most intro songs.

Back