A good dvd and burner drive *seperate*

Mikesta

2[H]4U
Im looking to invest some cash into a new DVD drive and a burner and selling my old cheesy cd-rom drive which i hardly ever use.. What are some good ones btw i have a black case so recommend me some black drives that are fast and under $40. :p

Agreed. Get the 16x Black Lite-On DVD Rom and the 52x32x52x Lite-On CD Burner. Can't go wrong with them.

Lite-On or LG...
I've owned both, and had a LG fail on me; thus, I suggested Lite-On wholeheartedly.

....see my sig; Toshiba DVD-ROM for reading, LiteON CDRW for burning. Best pair of drives I've ever had.....

Regards - B.B.S.

Add another vote for LiteOn. I have 6 optical drives in 4 computers, and they are all LiteOns.

I use a Pioneer slot loader DVD drive with a Plextor CD burner. Great combo.

I'm going to recommend

DVD-ROM: Samsung SD-616
CD-RW: Samsung SM-252

Over the past few years my customers and myself have had a couple scattered problems with the Lite On drives, like DMA/PIO troubles (drives being switched to PIO randomly), media reading troubles, and a failure or two. Nonetheless, I think they're good drives. I have a couple that have lasted me for several years, but I've had better luck with the Samsung lot. As a bonus, they seem to be much quieter than the Lite Ons.

Have the Lite-on 8x Dvd and a 52x Liteon CD burner in my rig (and an HP 4x DVD) ;P

I've been using liteons for a while now, no problems what so ever :)

Cheers,

Mr. Pain

Back