A good 20 pin PSU?

Tov

Limp Gawd
I need to put a new power supply into my old Athlon XP rig since the voltages on this True430 are the worst and I was wondering what a good 20pin psu might be. I'm having a hard time finding some good ones on the egg, the only one being a sparkle that one user said runs real hot.

I can sell you the one that came with my case and its never been used...Its an Antec 350something and it offers 21amps on the +12rail which is equal to what the older Truepower 430s put out...

Tov said:
I need to put a new power supply into my old Athlon XP rig since the voltages on this True430 are the worst and I was wondering what a good 20pin psu might be. I'm having a hard time finding some good ones on the egg, the only one being a sparkle that one user said runs real hot.

What are these voltages and how are you getting them?

Well both the BIOS and hardware doctor report 3.12v to 3.20v on the 3.3v line and the 5v is 4.73v and the 12v is 11.70v. I'v had other PSUs that reported different voltages so I'd think that the voltage readings are reliable but I could use a multimeter to test it I spose.

Well according to the multimeter the 5v line is right and it Overloads everytime I try to check the12v :( How do you check the 3.3v line?

Well according to the multimeter the 5v line is right and it Overloads everytime I try to check the12v

It sounds like you have a manual multi-meter so you will have to set the display range for the voltage measuring (eg. 20V. for a twelve volt reading, 10v. for three point three and five volt reading; DC of course:) .)

How do you check the 3.3v line?

PS testing

It's not a manual one. It's not mine actually it's my dad's. It has a 110v AC setting and a 24v DC setting. Has some other settings but I can't be too sure what they're used for. PC Power and Cooling might be a good one. 410w should run this?

3000+ Barton
2x512mb pc3200
9800pro possibly a x800xl later.
2x7200 HDDs
CD-RW/DVD-rom combo
Audigy 2
5 fans+HS fan
PS/2 Mouse/keyboard

Back