a few quick questions about fedora, and probably a few more later..

ok.. i just got fedora running... and i have some questions, here i go..

the windows open up like a mac, each folder creates a new window.. i hate that, can i change it?

i downloaded firefox, it is a big zipped file... do i just extract the folder somewhere and run the program from it?

do i need any virus protection?

i normally hold down shift when i click a link to open it in a new window... in this version of mozilla, it is the equivalent of "save link as"... what button can i hold while clicking a link to "open in new window"

white things, keep moving across my screen, probably a hardware problem with my built in video, how do i update hardware drivers and such?

that's if for now..

oh, i got a new one... i see that linux can read ntfs partitions... and i have 2 other hard drives in this computer.. but i can't see them... how do i access them? i can actually access all my network.. but i don't know how to put this on the network, or if that is even possible..

hop on irc and ill help you, go to irc.dynamix.com and join #bensucks and ill help ya out.

well try using the mozilla chatzilla client as it is simplier, open it up (There is a icon in the bottom left had of mozilla for it) and type /server irc.dynamix.com and then type in /join #bensucks

i only have navigator and composer in the bottom left... and i can't find chatzilla

i really can't find it, i searched the mozilla help and everything for chatzilla..

my bad, it doenst come with the default installl, you would have to add it using the Software installer that comes with FC2.

Open Xchat again and then uncheck the box that says "show server list on startup" and reopen xchat and type in those commands i told you above

ok.. when i type /server irc.dynamix.com it says

looking up newserver (newserver is in blue)

then it says "maybe you misspelled it"

Back