A Debugger Has Been Detected!

MVSdinosaur

Weaksauce
All of a sudden I am getting this message when trying to play Morrowind. I am running Windows XP with all the updates and service packs. Microsoft has a workaround for this, which includes renaming Amdfix.sys (not found on my PC) and tweaking the Creative Audigy sound card (which I don't have either). I am using the onboard sound from my Gigabyte MB.

I've tried disabling apps using MSCONFIG to no avail. Tried re-installing Morrowind.

I also may install the soundblaster card from my old Dell and see if using that can bypass the error, as Microsoft's page points to possible conflicts with the sound card.

Has this happened to anyone here?

Does anyone know what I can try, or if there is a workaround? I did a search for this and didn't find anything. If there is info already posted, apologies for the post, but I would appreciate a link to the thread.

Thanks!!!!

Hope someone can help...bump for you as I know how frustrating it is not to be ale to play games or figure out a problem!

....."Hope someone can help...bump for you as I know how frustrating it is not to be ale to play games or figure out a problem!"

Thanks. I'm sure it is a gift from Microsoft (nothing like using your customer base for beta testing) but I am having a hell of a time finding the problem. I am checking out the Bethesda Elder Scrolls forums to see if they have a workaround.

...."Are you running XP64?"

No, XP personal edition, with service pack 2. What bugs me is that this game worked a few weeks ago. The fact that MS has a problem log devoted to it leads me to think one of their updates is causing the problem.

I found the solution!!!!

After doing all the workaround things that MS suggested, I went to Bethesda's home page and found a patch. Applied the patch, and it works fine now! :D

I found the solution!!!!

After doing all the workaround things that MS suggested, I went to Bethesda's home page and found a patch. Applied the patch, and it works fine now! :D

Cool, and thanks for sharing the fix...

And by the way, when quoting previous posts, go ahead and click the little button in the lower right hand corner of the post that you want to quote.. you know, the one that says "quote".. and that will drop the selected post in quote format into your reply box. Just a heads up, that's all:)

Back