A bit of help...

ActiveMonkey

Limp Gawd
Here is the deal, i am running a 2.6GHz Pentium 4 in an Albatron PX865PE PRO motherboard with 512mb(2x256) DDR400. Now i have them running 3.1GHz just fine, but i know they can go higher. I have had it at 3.25GHz but had minor instability issues so i backed it down. Now unfortunately i am using a thermalright PS-94 with a 92mm Tornado fan. So basically what i am asking is for anyone's ideas on how i can get my system to run STABLE at 3.25GHz or higher. Any help would be appreciated. Here are some pics thatr might help...

CPU.JPG
Cache.JPG
Motherboard.JPG
Memory.JPG
post.JPG
Frequency-Voltage.JPG

1. get a better - much better - aftermarket cooler. it's most certainly holding you back. *edit* - never mind. SP-94+tornado it as high as you can go in air.
2. up the voltage on the CPU some more. bring it up to 1.75V - with your cooling you won't have problems.
3. set the DDR voltage to at least 2.8V - yes, 2.8V. just to safe, set your 2.5,3,3,7 to 2.5,4,4,7. you may be able to run the RAM at 1:1 with those.
4. set a good northbridge cooler, like Tiger1 or better.

cooling has been fixed, i copied this post from a different forum and just updated the post...

i dont know about 1.75v on the cpu but try 1.6 or 1.65v

mem, I would run 5:4 to achieve your o/c you want, so you know your not hindering o/c with your ram

but Still I would relax timings... even to 3-4-4-8 and pump 2.8v's into em

You can try though running ram at 2.5-3-3-6 with 2.9V's

My corsair has no problem using 3.0V's

Reason I say that with the ram, is you want to RID ram being the problem. Make sure your agp/pci lock is on.

NB cooler is a great idea. Even if your mobo has a passive cooler, find a 40 mm fan and place it on it NB, keep it cool(why the max3's NB cooler is so big)
Fan on Mosefs and you can also be extreme and pull all PCI cards out and make sure thats not fuxin up your oc(way extreme I think)

Back