a big ... to Blizzard

Only reason people would shell out a monthly fee in exchange for massive anti-consumer practices is that they are addicted. Go Blizzard! It's the most retarded crap I've ever heard of... Let's see: You have to work IRL to pay for the game/internet/be able to play etc, have to "work" ingame to have small amounts of fun later on, you pay to wait in a queue and you can't even play with any of your friends because everyone is on a different server and you'd have to go back to zero to try to play with just ONE of them. That's the most anti-consumer thing I've heard of in years.

This might be something you've never considered before, so hear me out...

If you don't like the game, don't play it.

This is the kind of progressive thinking that you complainers are lacking. Just because the servers are down for a single day, you have to go everywhere to complain about it. Were the World of Warcraft forums too full of complaints for you so you had to come here to complain? I'm positive that as soon as the servers are back online, you log into WoW and complain there.

My /ignore list can only hold so many names. Do the world a favor and just cancel your account. I'm sure SOE would love to get your $15/month, their EQ servers are hardly ever down.

Yeah, I was a fan of Warcraft 1,2,3 and Starcraft.
But I refuse to pay monthly fees. No WAY! If they're going to charge monthly fees, they should at least give the game out for free. And, $15/month is rediculous!
Perhaps if it were only $50-60 per year, then I would play.
Besides, I have Oblivion now.

I have been eyeing Guild Wars for quite some time...

I was a huge CS player back in the day and did the whole CPL, CAL deal and never, ever did I think I'd give it up. 3 of my irl friends with whom I work with played it and I did the whole 10 day trial. After 3 days I was hooked, never - ever played CS since, not source not cs 1.3 and not the coveted b7.1.

I dunno WoW is just awesome, its very simple to play and the quests and raids were great imho. Being a lvl 60 NE Warrior with gear from MC, PvP and certain crafted items (Lionheart Helm, etc.) and playing on a PvP server killing 10 lowbies over and over again is the most hilarous thing in the world. It was prolly the fact that as a lvl 20 I was killed by a 60 horde hunter named PwNz0rz over and over for almost 4 hours.

The only thing Blizz has down that pissed me off was battlegrounds, worst move ever.

I tried Everquest a long time ago, along with EVE and DAoC trying to get out of CS but they were over complicated and the story didnt intrest me in the least.

Back