9800 pro disappointment

IrishPower

n00b
I recently bought a 9800 pro 256mb card from newegg.

I am receiving what I consider to be very substandard scores using 3dmark2001se and 3dmark2003.

My system:

[email protected], bus @ 250
512mb 500DDR Ram @ 414
gigabyte GA-8IK1100
Software: winxp sp1, catalyst 3.10

this system simply blows away all its competitors in sandra so i know that everything besides the Gfx card is functioning and speedy (memory, harddrive, cpu tests).

However, my 3dmark2001 score is 15,900
my 3dmark2003 score is a lowly 5300.

I am seeing stock 9800 pro systems reaching 18,000 and 6000 respectively in reviews.

Can anyone shed any light on why my graphics card seems to be sucking?

Thanks!
/irish

You probably have AA/AF on, and quality all the way up. Most people when trying to get the highest score, turn everything to the lowest settings, disable vsync, and turn off AA/AF.

You are still using cat 3.1?
You will get noticeable increase in scores with newer cats.

No, his drivers arent that old. The drivers went 3.9, 3.10 (ten) now the new 4.1's.

The first number is the year example 4 is for 2004 and second number is the drivers release number.

i use to get that score with my old 9700pro at stock speeds...im getting my 9800pro today i run 3dmark again...

I get just under 18k with my system completely stock. I'd check your driver settings like someone above suggested

Also check to see if AGP Texture Acceleration is Enabled.

Click Start > Run > Type "dxdiag" without the quotes. After the app opens, click the Display Tab and it will tell you whether or not it is enabled.

If it isn't, install your chipset drivers then re-install DX.

Did you run a detonator killer to get rid of any nVidia software BEFORE you ran the ATI software??? If not, that very well could be your problem.

Back