9600xt and low 3dmark?

raley

n00b
I have a question about my new comp/9600 XT.

I have an XP 2500, NF7-S rev 2.0, 9600XT (Connect3d).

My 3dmark is in the mid 11000's at 2-2-2-5 11.0x200. This can't be right can it? I am sort of concerned because in the SMARTGART settings it says that the AGP speed is off, although in my BIOS is it set to 8x? Could this be causing a problem?

Also, what should the speed be for my 9600XT, and what sort of speeds should I be looking for? I just got the radlink program, and it says my speeds are 249.75 core and 297.0 memory. Isn't this really low? Maybe this is the cause of my low scores.

Thanks for any help...

You need to install your chipset drivers, and usually you need to have installed them in a certain order for it to work properly.

Also, those speeds are way off a 9600xt should be 500cor / 300memory.

I am sort of clueless - I am pretty sure that I installed the BIOS drivers... is this equivalent to chipset drivers? If not, where would I find them?

So is there just something wrong with the stock clocking of my card? It seems odd that they would lower the core speed by 1/2?

help.JPG

That is what the SMARTGART thing does... I tried setting it to 8x and rebooting but nothing changed...

Also, is there any way to check my actual clock speed settings for my vid card? Or does the radclocker show that - i.e. is my vid card speed actually 250/300 when it should be 500/300?

That's strange

I'd check for a BIOS setting, double check anything that has to do with AGP, I'm not familiar with ABIT's BIOS though

Well I downloaded the new chipset drivers, it seems as though the 8x settings is now sticking. My 3dmark is also up into the low 13,000's. I suppose I should check out this clock speed now, and maybe that will get me up to where I need to be.

newprob.JPG

here is a picture of the radclocker utility - What is the correct procedure for using this, and how high should I try to go? I put it to 270/303 and clicked set speed, then clicked on use these on boot, and it booted back to the same speeds.

I will give rage3d a download, thanks

Ok, rage3d now has me at the correct speed - 500/300.

Any ideas still on the low 3dmark then, or is 13000 about right for my setup? It seems like I should be a lot higher considering I'm at 2200 mhz as well.

radclocker doens't work with XT's too well.

I'd use wizzard's tool if I was you.

13000 sounds right for a stock 500/300 on your system.

Overclock that puppy!

I'm curious as to why anybody cares about 3dmark 01 anymore- it isnt a good representation of any new games AND the processor is likely to become a bottleneck faster than the video card will with a newer card.

Back