9500pro stock fan

NeoNemesis

2[H]4U
The fan on my 9500pro is dying and I wan't to replace it with an identical fan that works properly. I don't intend to overclock nor do anything else with this thing, all I want is for it to run properly. Does anyone know where I can purchase these fans, the ATI site doesn't seem to have the answers I'm looking for, either that or I'm to tired to see them...

Any input it appreciated.

I doubt you'll be able to find an exact third-party replacement. On the other hand, you can always get a simple aftermarket solution that should exceed the performance offered by the default ATI thermal solution. The Vantec Iceberq isn't a bad solution for the money.

I'll definitely look into something like that, but I would prefer just to have ATI send me the exact same fan if that is at all possible. Generally speaking I would always go for the better performance item, but this card is getting old and I really don't want to risk damaging it because I want to give it to my brother (along with the rest of my computer) sometime this summer.

i have a stock one i can send you...i tore it off when my 9500 died....

That IceBerq wouldn't do a 9500 Pro much justice. It's considerably smaller than the stock heatsink.

Megadeth_Guy01 said:
That IceBerq wouldn't do a 9500 Pro much justice. It's considerably smaller than the stock heatsink.
Agreed, but the 9500 Pro having such a large heatsink is pointless when the TIM between the core and heatsink is so bad. This Logisys CF206 (Vantec uses the same one) offers a lot more surface area, but I don't know if you're willing to spend on it.

I think I'm going to remove the current fan and strap an 80mm case fan to the heatsink. That should provide adequate cooling with no risk to video card, low cost, and very little hassel.

NeoNemesis said:
I think I'm going to remove the current fan and strap an 80mm case fan to the heatsink. That should provide adequate cooling with no risk to video card, low cost, and very little hassel.
That's what I would do for a temporary fix. Hell, on my old 8500 I just attached an old pentium heatsink and fan to cool it. That worked damn well! :D I just made a Zalman like bracket out of a slot clover to hold an 80mm fan about my video card.

Back