9500 overclock

Pandaman

n00b
how much of an overclock can i expect to get from this card if using just the stock HSF. I know the ram is dependant on its latency right, but the core should go up to 9700 pro speeds easily as its the same design for both the core and the HSF. Anyone with figures?

I'm not totally informed on 9700Pro speeds, but I think you could overclock close to 9700 speeds (325 on core I think). You might also have the ability to flash to 9700Pro specs if you have the 'L' shaped memory. Take my words with a grain of salt though, 9800Pro (since March '03) is my first ATI card. :D

My 9500Pro ran 325/303 solidly on stock HSF. 351/310.5 on a good day (only one good day for me). Beyond 350 on the core and you really need to get the memory up beyond 310.5 to get much of a benefit. Good luck.

vmodded ~ 410/330
my memory wont push it that high so i run it at ~315 most of the time

i have crappy infineon 3.3, voltmodded to ~3.2 volts (from about 2.8)

You can get 350 on the core if your cooling is alright (i.e. contact is ok)

I have a 9500softmod, too. Check my sig for ocing results. Stock hsf and ocz ramsinks. Good luck to ya

hey guys thanks for the feedback ill try that now. Im using radeonator as my oc utility but if anyopne knows anything about it that would be detrimental that would be cool.

I have a Sapphire Radeon 9500np with ramsinks and a HSF from 1coolpc using a 60mm fan. The card runs rock stable at 325 (core) and 330, but there are some artifacts. I've detuned it to 310/310 as my goal is better image quality rather than all out processing power and memory bandwidth. The highest I've pushed the card is 345 (core) and 335, but I get too many artifacts at that point.

Originally posted by TFR
I have a Sapphire Radeon 9500np with ramsinks and a HSF from 1coolpc using a 60mm fan. The card runs rock stable at 325 (core) and 330, but there are some artifacts. I've detuned it to 310/310 as my goal is better image quality rather than all out processing power and memory bandwidth. The highest I've pushed the card is 345 (core) and 335, but I get too many artifacts at that point.
You sure you're getting good contact? Sounds like the shim is getting in the way cause those clocks are really low for a card with a cooler as good as a 60mm cooler :p

It could be a bad contact--but I'm not sure. I used AS thermal epoxy to bond the heatsink to the GPU, so I can't really undo what I've done. I do keep the fan running slow though (via a rheobus). After 2 years of screaming Delta's and Tornados and the maddening hum of my water pump, I built a little box that's got Panaflows throughout and more importantly, it's quiet!

before i started my overclock/vmod the shim on my card didnt let the heatsink sit flat on the core so the max overclock i got with the shim was 303core then i took it off and got up to 380core then the vmod to 415+ core.

I rechecked it and the HSF seems to be sitting flat on the GPU. I can run the core higher than 310, but artifacts start appearing at 325 for me--that's with my mem settings at 330mhz. Maybe my particular card just barely passed ATI's QC :rolleyes:

how'd you recheck it if it's epoxied? o_O

Are you sure it ain't just making good contact with the shim?:p

In my experience, the shim is highest in the corners (nothing gluing them down). My waterblock my dad and i designed was flat, and we used a device in the shop that measure flatness and it was pretty damn flat in the middles of the shim, but once we measured the corners it wasn't very ;D

410+mhz @ 1.6 vcore

my only 9500np did 400/300 on stock hsf and i added a zalman-hp and gained nothing but looks.

I was getting 350 with stock cooling, 370 ish with my copper cpu cooling, and around 400 with my 10k voltage mod, still waiting on a potentimeter to push it higher.

345/285 max with stock cooling, 365/285 with zalman and it still runs much cooler than stock speed with stock hsf.
365 is max o/c available on rage3dtweak, what program can i use to o/c higher?

My softmodded Sapphire 9500np will do 351/300 with stock cooling.
I think the crappy "Inferion" :p memory is holding me back.
I'm sure if I got a decent HSF and heatsinks for it I could squeeze a little more out it, but it's fast enough as it is.
Not bad for a $125 card.

Well, I've been running at 370 (core) and 330 for the past 24 hours. Everything is stable, but I get pretty bad artifacts when playing games (BF1942, KOTOR, GTAIII, Frozen Throne). Is this indicative of bad HSF contact with the GPU? Card is not vmodded.

425/331

Stable speed (I can go higher, but it's not stable for all games). I use 425/331 to play Deus Ex 2. The GPU runs 15 celcius lower than the stock temp. Custom heatsinks and a CPU cooler on the GPU.

Back