9.9 ghz overclock

Intel Pentium 3 Tualatin 1.5 GHz 9.5 GHz

yeah, same with that (but the average sounds fine, at 7960mhz :rolleyes: )

And don't you think that if there were these "super cpu's" that we'd have heard about it before and they'd be all over the net by now.....not just starting to pop up on some stupid little news site or in a hardware forum somewhere. :rolleyes:

This is just like all those 'tards who post on here about having a 4GHz overclocked Celeron or some stupid shit.....it's only a matter of time 'till they're weeded out and the thread is shut down.

I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.

the best oc ive ever seen is a 2ghz celeron at 3ghz (not stable)
so i don't believe that site :p

Originally posted by BlueIce41188
the best oc ive ever seen is a 2ghz celeron at 3ghz (not stable)
so i don't believe that site :p

Basing what you believe on what you've seen is a very bad habit that you shouldn't get into.....but regardless, the site's still a loada crap.

the best overclock ive ever seen is a pentium 4 running at 4ghz stable, but it got so hot it had to be cooled with liquid nitrogen, and as for that site, why is it that the CPU's that dont even run at 1ghz can be overclocked to nearly 20x there original speed? all verry strange to me

Theres a P4 3c on Tom's that was overclocked to 5.5 using liquid nitrogen CPU block and a compressor/cooler for the mobo. Pretty good OC there.

Saw an overclock of a P4 (or was that a p3?) submerged in 3M Florinert and cycled through liquid nitrogen core that got pretty good OC results as well.

Edit: that was a P3 300 @ 500+ in the Florinert (I think)

Originally posted by scribles
the best overclock ive ever seen is a pentium 4 running at 4ghz stable, but it got so hot it had to be cooled with liquid nitrogen, and as for that site, why is it that the CPU's that dont even run at 1ghz can be overclocked to nearly 20x there original speed? all verry strange to me

It got to 5.25ghz unstable and supposedly 4.7ghz stable. No benchmarks provided, take it for a grain of salt IMHO.

There are plenty of 4.6ghz, 4.7ghz machines floating around. It just takes a vapochill and some good tweaking (and good chip).

Originally posted by Spidey329
It got to 5.25ghz unstable and supposedly 4.7ghz stable. No benchmarks provided, take it for a grain of salt IMHO.

There are plenty of 4.6ghz, 4.7ghz machines floating around. It just takes a vapochill and some good tweaking (and good chip).

For sure, but not on a bloody Duron. :rolleyes:

I overclocked a Pentium Pro to 10gz:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Just kidding a Duron, yeah right. Imagine the watts that thing must give off.

What would the muliplier and FSB be on that thing at 9.9 ghz? Maybe 30x multiplier at 333 FSB...yeah right! There is no way that there is a motherboard out there to do that even if there was a miracle chip that could.

i thought that toms hardware just had a video with the world record at like 5.5 or 5.25. How come ive never heard of this 9.9 ghz thing until now???

Sounds like they miss labeled the actual 9.9 Mhz it was runnin with a "G" instead :)

Originally posted by Shinare
Tom's world record 5.5GHz

It's 5.25ghz, and I would hardly classify it (as Tom does) as a world record.

For one, all world records require proof of something. For CPU's, it's proof of the system being stable. He didn't supply any benchmarks, so unless they go back and redo it with benchmarks, that is not the world record. It's a set of number and some photos.

They even pointed out that 5.25 was not very stable. 4.7ghz was, and IIRC, that has already been achieved elsewhere.

So Tom'sHardware has the fastest paperweight, he doesn't have the fastest pc :)

not this again. lol I wonder what they were smoking when they came up with that list.

I love the 2.7ghz P4. I wonder if this was done as a joke, or people are just that stupid.

Hummm, when was the 1.7G Thunderbird made available ???
At least that website say's it exsists !!

its all a bunch of shit, who cares anyway?

who cares what some joe somebody managed to do anyway? i sure as hell don't care what the highest oc for any chip is...... ain't gonna affect me

Originally posted by kllrnohj
its all a bunch of shit, who cares anyway?

who cares what some joe somebody managed to do anyway? i sure as hell don't care what the highest oc for any chip is...... ain't gonna affect me

In this case it IS a bunch of shit but normally things like these are a big deal if they're legit. That is, if you're an overclocker that is always striving for more. It's just like anything else in life, if your peer do well at something, it's only right to congradulate them on a job well done. No it doesn't effect you PERSONALLY, but it's always nice to see exceptionally high (legit) overclocks now and then, just to give us a little boost and show everyone what IS possible.

If you still don't care then fine, don't post, and don't read the hundreds of articles out there on the net.....it's your call. Myself, I like to see what's going on with other people seeing as we share both a common interest and a hobby, why shouldn't I be interested?

:cool:

Originally posted by cornelious0_0
In this case it IS a bunch of shit but normally things like these are a big deal if they're legit. That is, if you're an overclocker that is always striving for more. It's just like anything else in life, if your peer do well at something, it's only right to congradulate them on a job well done. No it doesn't effect you PERSONALLY, but it's always nice to see exceptionally high (legit) overclocks now and then, just to give us a little boost and show everyone what IS possible.

If you still don't care then fine, don't post, and don't read the hundreds of articles out there on the net.....it's your call. Myself, I like to see what's going on with other people seeing as we share both a common interest and a hobby, why shouldn't I be interested?

:cool:

i agree it is nice to see high ocs from time to time, but what really matters is performance from that oc, not just clock speed - i would rather see benchmarks, something to compare my system against

and you bring up the legit point, anyone can get a high oc, but it is hard to get a high oc that is STABLE... how can you tell if that "record of 5.25ghz" by tom is stable? (i think someone said that it wasn't stable) and that they only got 4.7ghz stable, but then 4.7ghz isn't any record (still amazing tho) and their claim of 5.25ghz in this case is false to me

i agree it is nice to see high ocs from time to time, but what really matters is performance from that oc, not just clock speed - i would rather see benchmarks, something to compare my system against

and you bring up the legit point, anyone can get a high oc, but it is hard to get a high oc that is STABLE... how can you tell if that "record of 5.25ghz" by tom is stable? (i think someone said that it wasn't stable) and that they only got 4.7ghz stable, but then 4.7ghz isn't any record (still amazing tho) and their claim of 5.25ghz in this case is false to me

Well they did technically achieve the clock of 5.25GHz but I agree with you in the sense that since 4.7GHz is "all" that was stable, it's not quite the same thing, not record breaking, but still cool.

Who the hell cares if your CPU can hit 5GHz if it isn't even stable enough to run a single loop of 3dmark to show it??? Not me.

I love seeing "through the roof" OC's like that but I'm not really impressed until I know it has been through a strict 12-24 hour stress testing so I know that I could actually have that clock ALL THE TIME, not just for a couple hours. ;)

I cant wait for two years to pass and we all have 15Ghz procs and make that rig look stipid for even trying. Atleast thats how I felt when I read the article about the "mega" oc of the P3-300 to over 600MHz using Florinert and liquid nitrogen.

I feel like I'm back in the old 8MHz 286 days for some reason with these single digit proc speeds. My roomate in college got a 16MHz 286 and was running Ultima on it and saying "Look how much faster my 16 is to your 8, mwahahah". Makes me feel like THz (tera) isnt that far off, maybe 15 years or so? Or hopefully a completely diferent archatecture that will run at 1MHz and be faster than the G5 Massivly Parallel supercomputer at Virgina Tech .

And just think about the OC'ing then!!!!

Guys, guys, I figured it out. It's obvious that this 9.9ghz is using one of MichaelComputers instant-pc technology!!1! It totally explains his 19k 3dmark2k3 score!

:)

*wanders off*

If you missed that thread, then you may want to check GD for it.

Originally posted by Spidey329
Guys, guys, I figured it out. It's obvious that this 9.9ghz is using one of MichaelComputers instant-pc technology!!1! It totally explains his 19k 3dmark2k3 score!

:)

*wanders off*

If you missed that thread, then you may want to check GD for it.

you got a link for that thread? (what is GD?)

you got a link for that thread? (what is GD?)

General Discussion. Unfortuantly, I don't have a link.

To sum it up. It was a long thread about [H] members making fun and harrassing the fraudulant claims of a certain retailer (MichaelsComputer). Some of these claims were:

"Instant PC Technology, everything happens right when you click it!" - Yeah welcome to DDR and P4/Athlon buddy.

"ATI M10p 3d Graphics Processor -128meg - 3 times faster than the Radeon 9800 Pro!" - Right ..

"Proven fastest personal computer" ...

"TXK Harddrive Linking Technology" (or something like that) ... it was his rename for "RAID" ..

Best one of all .. "18.5k in 3dMark2003" - Yeah, you read right, 2003. I'm sure the government might be interested in that system!

and all sorts of other stuff. His prices were between $6k and $9k for the desktops that we could build for about $1k. His laptops were $3.5k for things we could buy from dell for $2k. Infact one member tracked a laptop from Taiwan that looked/spec'd awfully like the one he sells with his name as the maker.

i pulled off that trick off of a friend once....he actually believed me:eek: :eek: hahaha

Originally posted by cornelious0_0
Basing what you believe on what you've seen is a very bad habit that you shouldn't get into.....but regardless, the site's still a loada crap.
why is that a badhabit?

ROFLMAO :D

I just can't believe someone would be stupid enough to claim 9.9ghz, maybe on a quad duron setup, if such a thing exists.

Even if it was a quad duron, its still retardedly far fetched.

hehe, thats made my day lol

Ummm I think that was the average oc results but htey forgot to divide the other half, as in like 10 users got a 500mhz overclock = 5ghz or 20users got a 500mhz oc which is 10ghz,

Back