8RDA+ + PC60 = no power LED?

Thaddy

Limp Gawd
I never used my power lED in my old Cheiftec, but now when I hook them up to my 8RDA+, the LED looks like it's half on? What's going on here:mad:

It seems like the LED is only getting half the juice it needs, but it's coming straight from my mobo. All my rails are spot, and I do mean, spot on, so I know my PSU isn't the issue.

Any ideas?

Originally posted by Vertigo Acid
Are you sure that isn't just the intensity of the LED?

100% sure. It's looks extremely dim, almost purple. Anyone know what I can do to make it brighter?

Originally posted by corrosive23
the 8rda+ has an issue with some led's. I could never get it to light up ANY led's.

Do you know of a fix? I've discovered that this is a problem with most Epox boards, but I still can't find a fix.

I might have to wire this LED to something else, would a 12v molex work?

My Epox 8K3A works fine with LEDs.

Just thought I'd add that in. One thing you might think of is getting one of those arylic fan grills with the HDD indicator light, that has a setup to take minimal signal from the mobo and power from the PSU.

Originally posted by Thaddy
I never used my power lED in my old Cheiftec, but now when I hook them up to my 8RDA+, the LED looks like it's half on? What's going on here:mad:

It seems like the LED is only getting half the juice it needs, but it's coming straight from my mobo. All my rails are spot, and I do mean, spot on, so I know my PSU isn't the issue.

Any ideas?

Common problem in all 8rda's.

http://www.motherboardfaqs.com/article.php?27.255

LEDs (or a lack there of)

On many boards there has been a problem with the hard drive LED and in some cases the power LED not working. It would appear that there just isn't enough voltage going through the LED headers to power them. Currently there is no fix for the hard drive LED, but the workaround for the power LED is to connect it to the turbo LED headers. Some people have suggested that users with this problem find LEDs that require less voltage, but none that would be clearly visible are available in the given voltage range of the header pins (significantly less than .5v!)

The fix may be to stop buying shit like Epox boards. None of the LEDs worked in one of my Epox boards, ever, and they didn't on the RMA'd one I got back.

LEDs (or a lack there of)

On many boards there has been a problem with the hard drive LED and in some cases the power LED not working. It would appear that there just isn't enough voltage going through the LED headers to power them. Currently there is no fix for the hard drive LED, but the workaround for the power LED is to connect it to the turbo LED headers. Some people have suggested that users with this problem find LEDs that require less voltage, but none that would be clearly visible are available in the given voltage range of the header pins (significantly less than .5v!)

This is what I did and it works fine.

Originally posted by djnes
The fix may be to stop buying shit like Epox boards. None of the LEDs worked in one of my Epox boards, ever, and they didn't on the RMA'd one I got back.

Lol, yeah that makes sense. Get rid of a board because the power LED won't turn on. Forget about the part that my rev 1.1 will do over 220fsb...

So you're saying you RMA'd a board, multiple times, because the LED's didn't work?! Astonishing...

Originally posted by djnes

Now there's a way to make friends.

I RMA'd the board because it had non functional LEDs, and the performance was very unstable, at best. And since Epox has possibly the worst support ever, I had to RMA from the store I bought it from. Since then, I've never owned an Epox board, and never will. The web is littered with people crapping on Epox, and for good reason.

My main point is, as long as Abit, Asus, and MSI are in business, why would anyone buy anything else? A motherboard is arguably the most important component, so why take chances?

Back