8800GTS

ta7mike

Weaksauce
Which 8800 GTS Brand do you recommend. I saw that Leadtek's card is at 350 after rebate, but have been relying in the past on XFX or BFG. The eVGA seems to be popular.

i went with a foxconn, reason why... it was the cheapest 8800gts OC'ed to 8800gtx clocks from the box. those you listed are nice because they have that lifetime warranty. my foxconn comes with a 2 year which i feel will be sufficiant enough since by that time i'll be upgrading to another card. leadtek is a good brand though.

eh, i went through two leadtek 6800s, dunno if it was just that series or what, but im staying away. Unless you live in taiwan, I wouldnt buy from leadtek, support is absolutely horrible, and must be done through mostly e-mail, because im not sure if you call their taiwan number if they have any english speaking support. They got rid of all US branches or whatever u want to call them. Honestly EVGA, XFX, and BFG are the top 3 brands it seems. Youd be safe going with any of those. If i were to get one id go with evga just because of their step up program and from what ive read they have good support as well.

Evga is by far the best company... Just wait till this thread gets a few more replies.

There was a poll where somewhat 80% or higher was eVGA oriented.

Last 2 cards have been Leadtek (6800U & 8800GTX). I guess I went with those as I work for a UK based OEM and can get that brand at cost, give or take. Both perform well.

I do hear good things about eVGA & BFG, but the former is rarely the cheapest (at least here in the UK). Both have proven good support.

i went with a foxconn, reason why... it was the cheapest 8800gts OC'ed to 8800gtx clocks from the box. those you listed are nice because they have that lifetime warranty. my foxconn comes with a 2 year which i feel will be sufficiant enough since by that time i'll be upgrading to another card. leadtek is a good brand though.

But how is Foxconn in terms of support and will they back up that warranty? Any company can throw out a number for warranty but to get them to back it up is another thing.

with leadtek you have to do all support inquiry's through email, i imagine shipping would be expensive if you had to RMA the card.

with XFX you have to ship the card to Canada, can be a pain in the butt.

with EVGA and BFG you ship to a destination within the United States and talk to someone inside the United States.

My vote goes to EVGA. Why? because of their step-up program. Once you buy your card you can trade it in within 90days of purchase if a newer/better card comes out. you pay the difference in price.

Leadtek's RMA is in California and I have had good experiences with them. I just emailed them with my problem, they sent me an RMA number and I got a card back in 3-4 days.

I'm not saying they are better than EVGA or BFG (because I don't know about them), but Leadtek did everything I would expect from a video card manufacturer.

Leadtek's RMA is in California and I have had good experiences with them. I just emailed them with my problem, they sent me an RMA number and I got a card back in 3-4 days.

I'm not saying they are better than EVGA or BFG (because I don't know about them), but Leadtek did everything I would expect from a video card manufacturer.

LOL wait what?!?! To my knowledge they do not have an RMA in california anymore? On 1/30/07 I was told to use their fedex account (which was nice of them) and ship my card over to Taiwan. It is now 2/18/07 and I havnt heard much at all. The only way I can TRY to communicate is through e-mail, which for some reason they dont seem to check very often. I just want my damn computer to work:( KenDawg, when did you RMA your card and to where? If it was recent please give me a phone number or address, that would be very helpful.

I still think EVGA would be one of your best bets.

My vote is for evga. You can get the step-up option and good service. Better than anyone else at the moment.

I always buy EVGA cards. They are competitively priced and their service and RMA process is very easy and they even ship out advance replacements. You don't even need to call in, everything is done online as long as you register your card.

If memory serves me Foxconn makes the 8800 for several other manufactures. I bought theres since the factory oc is nice and 50 rebate.

Their support is good, but doubt if you can beat EVGA if go soly on support

evga. i blew up one of my evga 680i's , and with the e.a.r.(can use with vid cards) program i had a sealed retail package with new mainboard in my hands less than 2 1/2 days after initial rma request. with a label for return shipping of my broken board. for $16. during christmas week. thats customer goddam service, matey.

Back