8800GT Overclock Database?

Killdozer

[H]ard|Gawd
The 8800GT is a really hot topic right now and we're all probably wondering how well this things will OC, so I'm wondering if anyone wants to start a thread where people will post their 8800GT overclock info so the rest of us can get a feel for how these things are doing.
I would just keep it to brand, purchase date, core clock, shader clock, memory clock, and voltage if you did any v-modding.

Dangerden GPU waterblock, just on the gpu, idle temps 31c load temps 36c.

core clock=777 votage limited,
shaderclock=1950 I can get the shaders to 2000 still testing for stability at that speed, didnt have much time today. and even benched at 2050 but I have settled at 1950 for now.
memory=2000mhz

shaderclock settled at 2ghz, I had my memory overclocked to 2100first and I would get lock ups only in crysis, I guess thats highly memory intensive, lowered the memory to 2000 and the bumped the shader clock to 2000 and all good now. one tip guys, I lowered post processing to medium in crysis, and left everything else untouched at high, and guess what my fps went up to 44.20 at the same reslution below from 35.

core2quad q6600 at 3.6 Ghz

3dmark06 15602 single card.

lost planet 1920x1200 0xAA 16xAF, DX10

snow 50.1

cave 75.3

Crysis 1680x1050 everything high no AA.
avg 36 fps , its pretty much constant, never see it dip below 32-31. 36fps is benched witth the built in benchmark. if post processing is set to medium than fps=44fps.

I will post screenshots later, I am on my laptop and away from my house, I remember these numbers from benching earlier today.

I just started testing mine last night (dual 8800gt in sli) and with default fan speads on stock hsf I am able to run them both stable at around 750 core and 950 memory. Got a new mobo too so I am currently only running my q6600 at stock speeds.

So, 750/950 on q6600 at 2.4ghz net me 13,500 in 3dmark06.

NKD and phas3d, VERY nice results... can't wait to see what they do with some more voltage soon :D! By the way, what tool are you using for the shader clocks? I believe RivaTuner 2.06beta6 works, is that what you have :)?

Isn't RT the only tool that allows shader clock changing? Or maybe I'm a bit out of the loop. Should be an interesting next few weeks with these puppies, and the ease of cooler swaps (any 7900GT compatible part by reports), and if the soft vmod turns out true... Look for some *easy* massive clocking soon.

Back to the topic though, I think it's a bit too early for a cohesive o/c database; other than the reviews floating around. I have a feeling these inital cards will (pretty much) all have no problems, esp w/ a mod and cooler swap. Sure hope ATI comes out raring in the next few weeks...To then spur NVIDIA to release a newer high-end part, rinse, repeat.

RivaTuner allows independent shader-clocks, but normally they're supposed to be linked. However, for the 8800GT's some reported they weren't budging when the core ROP clock was increased. I now have confirmation that RivaTuner 2.06beta6 works fully for these, though, under the 169.04 drivers :).

SKYMTL over at the canucks got a 3dMark06 score of 14,425 in Vista @ 1280x1024
Single card (evga 8800GT SSC)
Q6600 @ 3.5GHz
4GB Ram
1280x1024 res.
OC 744/1009(2018)
Shaders stock at SSC speed.

btw, done on STOCK COOLING

OC at the canucks

Some NICE overclocks so far....

For those of you that have the cards and are OC'ing, can you also post what version you have (e.g. Non-OC, SC, SSC, etc....)?

OC at the canucks

Crysis 30FPS at 1600x1200 on high settings with the 744/2018 overclock. I hope my SC can pull off the same overclock because 30+FPS on 1680x1050 compared to the 8-13FPS I currently get with my overclocked 7900GT on high settings would be amazing. And new drivers and game tweaks could only help performance as well.

I have the non OC version (basic) version of the 8800gt. I posted in another thread that in Crysis I am getting 2 to 3 fps better with my 8800gt cards in SLI and on q6600 at 2.4ghz over the 8800gtx card I had running q6600 at 3.6ghz.

I dont know what that means...Crysis works a little bit with cards in SLI???

phas3d, SLI is currently almost entirely broken for Crysis... nVidia has newer drivers coming to fix it, and the retail Crysis will have a patch.

I am using the latest beta for rivatuner, my temps on my card are excellent just a little more voltage I believe I could hit monster speeds, lol. but so far 2000Mhz on shader is nothing to sneeze at, and here is a screenshot of 3dmark and rivatuner.

Gainward expert tool 5.06 I believe is really easy to use also, I really like that too. it allows you to control your shader clock independentley as well.

this with quad core running at 3.6 with a single gt. at 775/2000/1000, core/shader/memory.

15622ur5.jpg

gpuz880gtux0.jpg

here is lost planet, my vista install got corrupted somehow last night so I ran these under xp today, under vista my average is 53.5 in dx10 mode vs 48.5 under dx9 in xp in snow level, for me its always been faster under dx10, it is true for the snow level, and cave average is 5fps slower, lol. so I believe capcom optimized what they needed to.

lpaveragesmr7.jpg

crysis bench, 1680x1050, everything high except for post processing, which took my fps from 37 to 44. looks the same to me, but for the performance increase I dont mind, lol.

crysisbenchfm0.jpg

alright one more bench, world in conflict dx9 high settings at 1920x1200 no AA with 16xAF

wicbenchwx2.jpg

Wow, NKD... all I can say is A W E S O M E bud :).

thanks man, I wish I could give it more juice, but o well, I am getting awesome perormance for a 250 dollar card, I sold of my two ultras and about 1100 back for those after 6 months of use and now I am not in to sli just single card does it for me, spent even less lol, got both on ebay and sold on ebay. just waiting for the next highend single chip card, probably 3-4 months, this will last me until than.

By the way stock cooler doesnt do the job on stock settings, I turned the fan up yo 100% and it was loud as hell, but I have ac in my room so the sound doesnt bother me and I cant hear it over the ac, that was before I threw my old waterblock on it. amazing how the waterblock come handy, its one of those dangerden highend gpu waterblock, lol. just covers the gpu but amazing performance.

fan on stock speeds, my temps were in the 80's under load and I am not comfortable with that, but when I turned the fan to 100% the temps dropped amazingly to high 60's

I want to do one last thing, I am trying to find the best balance between shader clock and core clock, and see what I can get for the highest core/shader ratio, lowering the shaderclock allows me to raise the core clock a little, so trying to find the best balance there. Turning down shaderclock to 1835, allows me to gain core clock of 800, but after 810 or so I start getting artifacts. so I am gonna run some benchmarks and see if this gives me better performance, got my fingers crossed on this one, lol. I stick with my last settings, I still get better performance, so shader clock is the king, lol.

Very nice stuff you guys.

I'm only playing around on air in my new Shuttle SP35P2 and the clocks in my sig are what it's sitting at for now...haven't OC'd the card yet, really wann get goin' with it though.

I'll be back with results inside the week hopefully, just have to see if the Arctic Cooling Silencer NV5 will fit in the Shuttle...as I'm pretty sure it fits the GT.

Please post the brand and make of your card as well, also describing any differences in cooling from reference.

BFG OC 512MB
Custom 80mm fan mod (not optimised yet, has leaks)

I found that ATITools stability test doesnt push the card hard enough and crashes occur at reported stable speeds so I use 3DMark 05 for testing.
3DMark05 multiple runs at 1920x1440, Max AA and 16xFiltering.

Clocks reported by Riva Tuner hardware monitor (core / shader / memory)
Stock clocks
625 / 1566 / 900

Max stable
740 / 1782 / 1030 (2060)

Max temp 82C
Idle temp 50C

Due to JonnyGurus report on pre-release 8800GTs I will be leaving the memory clock at less than 2000 until the situation is clear that damage wont be caused.
Note, shader clocks of less than 1810 result in an actual shader clock of 1782 on all cards. 1810 or above give a shader clock of 1836.

Not bad for unoptimised air cooling though :)

Best you list which card you have. For example EVGA 8800GT or EVGA 8800GT SSC.

Part of the point of doing this is to see what type of overclocks you get depending on the marketing speed.

Best you list which card you have. For example EVGA 8800GT or EVGA 8800GT SSC.

Part of the point of doing this is to see what type of overclocks you get depending on the marketing speed.
Read the 1st line !

Back