8600M GT Question, can you answer?

Catsonar

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew what kinda memory is the 8600M GT found in Dell notebooks do they use?? GDDR3 or GDDR2??? Thanks

You could try GPU-Z. If the 8600M GT is supported, it would show what type of memory.

nearly 99% sure they use GDDR3...the notebook forum i frequent is currently undergoing a database tidying but this review may provide the clincher...read more here...sorry for the sketchiness :D

Interesting, the review from Notebook Review stated that the card had GDDR3, while Collinstu's has GDDR2. Could it be because its a Vostro series laptop?? or no?? Could it be more luck of the draw??

That is a tough one...I did come across this thread for the XPS (I have a Vostro but unfortunately it has the 8400M GS)

Despite the pissing contest going on in there it does seem to indicate GDDR3...

perhaps a call to Dell may be in order?

Not 100% on the dell but in the laptops I have seen them on they are using GDDR3.

It's probably a bug. It would be nothing I'd worry about, and if it did matter it probably wouldn't make much of a difference.

I can run TF2 on all max settings at my screens optimal size (1280 and 720 I think). I can also run 2 WoW clients at max settings also at that resolution no problem.

It's a sweet laptop! Still wish I got the better proc, still cool stuff.

It's probably a bug. It would be nothing I'd worry about, and if it did matter it probably wouldn't make much of a difference.

I can run TF2 on all max settings at my screens optimal size (1280 and 720 I think). I can also run 2 WoW clients at max settings also at that resolution no problem.

It's a sweet laptop! Still wish I got the better proc, still cool stuff.

is your FSB: DRAM at 3:5 as well?

just wondering as this is where mine is at (Vostro 1700 T7500 3GB @ 667MHz)

EDIT: lol FSB: DRAM without that extra space in between yields FSB:DRAM

is your FSB: DRAM at 3:5 as well?

just wondering as this is where mine is at (Vostro 1700 T7500 3GB @ 667MHz)

EDIT: lol FSB: DRAM without that extra space in between yields FSB:DRAM

I'll have to check maybe this morning. G'night.

Dell uses 8600m GTs with much lower clocked DDR2 memory in their inspiron and vostro line. The GDDR3 version is in their XPS 1530.

Back