80mm Vantec Tornado case fan question???

Burn23

Gawd
I was thinking about getting a couple of these screamers for my case, with an Enermax UC-A3FATR2S baybus....

I was wondering if these fans are still noisy as all hell even when they are turned down to about 30-40cfm instead of 81cfm.?

thier not to bad turned down thier still louder than most fans but i had some anf my fan controller couldnt handel the high amprage of them so i just got some that were a little less excessive.

IF your just going to turn them down they whats the point of having them? Trust me if your comp is less than 20ft away from you your never going to have those things at full anyways. They are REALLLY loud.

right-o.... thanks for the quick responses. I think that i might go with something thats a little bit cheaper, quieter, and thinner..

thnks again.

yea, just get some ThermalTake SmartFan II's
cheaper and they do lots of CFM

Originally posted by ST|FFY
yea, just get some ThermalTake SmartFan II's
cheaper and they do lots of CFM

whoa, didnt see that earlier... 75cfm max... thnks a million.. ordered 2

yes trust me the vantec fan is a loud azz fan. I have it as my heatsink fan and I turn it up when in games and down the on the desktop.

KM

plus if you want one you can just get the high-cfm sunons... since thats all they are, like seriously if you remove the tornado sticker its a sunon sticker under it...... or the deltas are pretty much the same also

I use the Tornado as my CPU fan (felt like it...) and it's loud as hell, believe me, you won't find much junk louder than this...it's a reason to get some good sound-blocking headphones on it's own...it keeps my system nice and stable though :D...I'd have to agree though, if you're just going to turn it down, why not just get a cheaper fan that's quieter to begin with??

i would really like the SmartFan II's if they were black or something
why do they have to be so dang bright?

Originally posted by ST|FFY
i would really like the SmartFan II's if they were black or something
why do they have to be so dang bright?

vinyl dye is your friend

my problem with the smartfan(bought one)
is that I cant mount it on my alpha pal. The screws arent long enough and the sides of the fan arent open(hard to explain)

Originally posted by Ruffy
my problem with the smartfan(bought one)
is that I cant mount it on my alpha pal. The screws arent long enough and the sides of the fan arent open(hard to explain)

I've got one on my V9, and I think you could probably mod it to work. Just dremel out the part that you don't want :p

Back