80+ Platinum by Sparkle - too new for reviews?

Was about to pick a Rosewill PSU for my build, but then I stumbled upon the new Sparkle 80+ Platinum PSUs which have smaller dimensions (a big plus for my case) - unfortunately, I can't find any information on how good (or not) these would be.

"SPARKLE R-FSP400-60ETN" is a 400-Watt version. There are also 500- and 600-, and 700-Watt versions.

5-year warranty. Not terribly happy about the fact that it has 2 12-Volt rails vs. 1, though is it going to make a great difference for me, with one video card and low power-draw components?

From the sole Newegg comment: "Cons: There's only one PCI-Express connector. This is not modular. It is not as quiet as I hoped. But it is not loud."
For a 400W, Platinum-rated PSU to be anything above "so quiet, I forgot it was on" is unacceptable- I'm eager to find out which fan they used, and how they chose to regulate it.

They're internally similar to the Antec EarthWatts Platinum units, they're solid mainstream units, but they don't shine in any other regard except efficiency... the Capstone is a much better choice (performance and quality wise).

Back