7970 eyefinity + Intel HD 3000 monitor position changing when restarting the pc

Drangueos

Limp Gawd
I have a Radeon 7970 with 3 monitors using eyefinity and I'm connecting my TV using the onboard graphic HD3000 from my I7 using HDMI.
So I have 4 screens...

I went to screen resolutions and moved the TV to the right :
mon1j.jpg

everything works ok...

but when I restart the PC, the TV goes to the left messing all my icons, so I need to change it to the right and move all icons again:
mon2p.jpg

Why does this happens?
How can I fix this?

my os is windows 7 - 64bits

From my experience, Eyefinity and a 4th monitor never wanted to get along. However, try placing the monitor at the top or bottom, rather than the left or right. That's how I had to do it.

I currently use my onboard intel video to power a 3rd monitor in addition to the two being powered by my pre-eyefinity radeon cards. I found that setting the onboard video as primary in the bios solved a lot of little random quirks. That is a totally different setting than whichever is set as primary in windows. The only side effect being that the bios, etc comes up on my 3rd monitor now but once it's into windows the radeon cards are primary once again.

I'm not really sure if this is applicable to your situation or not, but perhaps worth a shot.

I currently use my onboard intel video to power a 3rd monitor in addition to the two being powered by my pre-eyefinity radeon cards. I found that setting the onboard video as primary in the bios solved a lot of little random quirks. That is a totally different setting than whichever is set as primary in windows. The only side effect being that the bios, etc comes up on my 3rd monitor now but once it's into windows the radeon cards are primary once again.

I'm not really sure if this is applicable to your situation or not, but perhaps worth a shot.

Hey I know this is an old thread but I have a question regarding your setup.

I have 2 7950s powering a 3 monitor Eyefinity setup. I got a 4th display that only has a VGA interface and so I can't connect it to the 7950s and therefore I want to connect to the Intel HD graphics on the motherboard (I have the same mobo as you, ASrock z77 Extreme4).

I can set everything up fine but then when I try to run most games, they give a DirectX error, usually indicating that the Direct3D device cannot be initialised. It's as if DirectX doesn't know which graphics device to use or something. Once I disable the fourth monitor everything is fine.

Did you have the same problem?

Sounds like you made the VGA display the primary monitor. Make the Eyefinity monitors the primary display and see what happens.

Sounds like you made the VGA display the primary monitor. Make the Eyefinity monitors the primary display and see what happens.

I checked that and my Eyefinity monitors are the main display. It's funny though, some games seem to work with it, others don't, others kind of do (CF disabled, weird resolutions, etc...).

Will have to possibly play around some more... :(

Back