7800GTX 512 in a Shuttle "G" - SB83G5

dworley

Gawd
SB83G5-2.jpg

Fits after a few minor mods to the G5 rear chasis frame (had to trim a small section from the rear side support for the heatsink to clear. I also swapped a single slot bracket panel from the rear of my 6800GT to fit it in the single slot.

So far it is running great - I can't believe how much lower my temps are with this cooler design - 38C Idle and 58C load! (GPU Core 550 / Memory 1700). The best part is this cooler is dead silent!

Power does not seem to be an issue - from my research the 7800GTX 512 power requirements are close to the 7800GTX 256.

Note: I am using a PC50 300W PSU in this Shuttle

I plan to by some window trim - black or chrome?

The PSU is an upgrade from Shuttle - PC50 300W

chrome...

theres a pic of the same shuttle around here with a cut for an artic silencer and its got chrome trim looks really sweet.

depends if you want teh "sleeper" or bling. me? I'd go for black cause i dont want a certain part of the machine to stick out.

Black. I would buy a new psu, If that thing gives out on you, you will regret it.

That looks so cool, almost like having a supercharger sticking out the hood of your car :)

MAN that is awsome. i would put some sort of protective cage on that thing so somthing doesnt bump or wack into it and break it. but otherwise AWSOME

Back