7600gt or 6800gtOC

Archer1212

[H]F Junkie
Currently I have a 6800gtOC agp but its getting time for my yearly upgrade adn I was looking at the BFG 7600gt. I already have a seperate PCI-e motherboard but I dont know if the performance will be a big increase or not. I dont want to update my system and find out it was pointless performance wise. I do plan on upgrading my processor in the fall but I would like to switch to PCI-e now and upgrade the other computers in the house too.

So is there any performance gains on a 7600gt vs a 6800gt?

nothing you'd notice, especially if you've overclocked your GT.

I put a 7600gt in my rig to test it out. Thanks Dan!! I had a 6800 and I noticed alot of differences. Better IQ, my system was a little faster, no power hungry loud card<< big one). Little things you may not think of like HD, this is a big deal, the time is nearing. They may be close on paper but you will notice. I went with a $199 x1800xt512mb now that is noticeable. 2cents0change ;)

Right now I have the 6800GTOC, today I recieved my 7600GT PCIE for $134 from dell. I will try to run some benchmarks before I but in my new card. What benchmarks should I run other than 3dmark2005?

BF2,WoW, and oblivion are mostly what I play and I would greatly appreciate some comparisons.

I am still considering going with the 7600gt since I am ready to switch to PCI-e I just dont want to have to do it yet enless I will see a good performance increase for under $200

Archer1212 said:
BF2,WoW, and oblivion are mostly what I play and I would greatly appreciate some comparisons.

I am still considering going with the 7600gt since I am ready to switch to PCI-e I just dont want to have to do it yet enless I will see a good performance increase for under $200

If you're looking for a good performance increase for under $200 I'd try and FS/FT an x1800xt/7800GT/7900GT. A 7600GT is too much of a sidestep rather than a move up.

Back