750GB Samsung SATA hard drive $99 @Fry's

Your best bet is to look on the website of the local paper--many papers post their ads online, though some (like Dallas) do a much better job of it than others (like Houston, where I live. It's impossible to use their ads. Don't believe me? Try it sometime).

Meh, I was at my local frys this weekend for the first time (it was HUGE!). I was gonna pick up Okami, but it was priced at $49.99 even though its MSRP was $39.99. The add lists it at the latter - annoying! My business went to Meijer instead. About 15 cents per gig post tax? Pretty solid.

Your best bet is to look on the website of the local paper--many papers post their ads online, though some (like Dallas) do a much better job of it than others (like Houston, where I live. It's impossible to use their ads. Don't believe me? Try it sometime).

Great deal.

I get the paper, but you can find it, go to chron.com then to the shopping tab, on the right side you will see "Advertised Deals" with a few companies. Fry's is usually first on the list, but not always; I just attempted to click the link and got an error message so they might be updating the page.

Also online, but sold out. I am wary of this Brand Drive. Lots of Bad Reviews on Newegg.

Dm

Also online, but sold out. I am wary of this Brand Drive. Lots of Bad Reviews on Newegg.

Dm

Only bad reviews are from nVidia Chipset owners.. Seems to be a compatability bug there.. Otherwise, they seem to work fine.. (But there still should be no problems, im mean hell, EVERY other drive on the market works with nVidia Chipsets.)

I get the paper, but you can find it, go to chron.com then to the shopping tab, on the right side you will see "Advertised Deals" with a few companies. Fry's is usually first on the list, but not always; I just attempted to click the link and got an error message so they might be updating the page.
For the last several weeks, the server on which they host the ads has been refusing to serve up images, which kinda defeats the purpose. Sure, it'll still show you 15 items from the ad at a time, but text only, and viewing the whole ad doesn't work, because the images are broken. Occasionally, it starts working again, but I think over the last three years I've been looking, it's been in a working condition perhaps 30% of the time. I go to the Dallas Morning news because it seems to always be working, the full-page ads are the default thing to look at, and because the ads are 99% the same as the ones in Houston. (Sorry if this sounds bitter :) It's just frustrating)

I just bought this drive, installed it and formatting now. Ill report if there are any troubles. BTW I bought this drive online and picked it up in the Alpharetta, GA store.

bah just ordered one off newegg for about $118
oh well I dont live very close to a Fry's so its not worth battling traffic just to find out theyre sold out

HAWT. we ever closer and closer to $50 750gb drives ;)

of course i did buy 4 awhile back for $56 each :D

Fry's B&M sticker says 5 year.

It's a 3yr... Seagate, and WD Raptor/Enterprise drives are the only ones with 5YR that I know about...

I don't even keep HDD's for more than a couple years anyways... :eek:

I remember buying 250 drives back in late 06 as they were the best price per GB... now that's 750GB's place :eek:

Still 2.5 years later, I sold those like 3 months ago too...

It's a 3yr... Seagate, and WD Raptor/Enterprise drives are the only ones with 5YR that I know about...

I don't even keep HDD's for more than a couple years anyways... :eek:

I remember buying 250 drives back in late 06 as they were the best price per GB... now that's 750GB's place :eek:

Still 2.5 years later, I sold those like 3 months ago too...

Well my sticker says 5 and Ill hold Frys to it.

Picked up 4 yesterday. At least with the B&M Fry's, you have 15 days to get a refund if you run into any problems.

Hopefully no issues with a 780i board but we'll see.

woot got mine from newegg in less than 40 hours after ordering
and to whoever was complaining about newegg's packaging of OEM HD's, mines was packaged very well: in a plastic encasing and then wraped in bubble wrap and packed in a box with foam cubes

to whoever was complaining about newegg's packaging of OEM HD's, mines was packaged very well: in a plastic encasing and then wraped in bubble wrap and packed in a box with foam cubes

I've ordered a number of hard drives from NewEgg. Packing is hit and miss. I've gotten exceptionally packaged hard drives in a large box filled with foam peanuts and wrapped deeply in bubble wrap and I've gotten drives packed loosely in paper and nothing else in a small box.

Funny thing - was just there (Fry's) and they had no signs telling you that those drives were on sale. Must be a good loss leader....

i'm just glad i saw that post about it yesterday as i only look at their friday ads

anyways i got 2 and they're just the standard oem packing....no biggie hopefully it runs :)

their 2.40 for a 24 pack of water was a hell of a deal also....i drank 4 of those as it was so hot today lol

Back