7000A-Alcu on IC7-MAX3

Finsta

Gawd
Does this heatsink fit on the IC7-MAX3 without any modifications? Has anybody gotten it on here on [H]

I believe I recall someone posting about cutting out a small portion of the OTEC to fit the Zalman on there.

If I go with the 7000 instead of water cooling (since this HSF is quiet as it gets) I will just take off my OTEC system. It gets in the way of good cooling solutions and it generates extra noise from its fan. I have 5 or so case fans to take care of the heat from the capacitators. Also, I've seen the OTEC being off on a motherboard in a recent review I read for a silent watercooled system. I guess that OTEC isn't all that neccessary.

On Zalman's website for the compatibility of the 7000A-alcu, it doesn't list the IC7-MAX3 and on the chart it says that if the motherboard is not listed then it is compatible but I want to hear it from people who got it on their IC7-MAX3 without modification.

The Donut said:
My old Zalman CNSP7000-Cu fit without any modifications. IC7-MAX3.
I'm still not convinced. Pictures? I just don't see how it would clear the OTEC as it sticks out a bit past the plastic retention. Anything going past the retention is at least going to push on the OTEC.

I'm using my watercooling now, but sa far as the OTES goes it cleared it by approximately 1.5CM, it was closer to the NB cooler.

max3_zalman.jpg.jpg

Alright, thanks. So, I'm gonna pick up my IC7-MAX3 today or soon. First time ABIT owner :D

That sure is a big HSF. Me wants! How are your temps on it? I now Abit reports higher than usual temps...

Volume said:
Also, Donut, is it super quiet on full speed like I heard it was?

nah, you can have super quiet or full speed. full speed is audible, but not annoyingly so

What?!
in Full mode the fan do 25Db! its nothing!
i really doubt if anyone can hear it, and also its in the inside of the case, so i dont think you wioo hear it at all.

Right now, i'm not using it, gone to watercooling.

But, the temps were 42-45C Load 2.6Ghz @ 3.2Ghz.

WOW!
Those are really excellent temps (for ABIT mobo), how much in IDLE mode?
why are you replacing to water cooling?

Replacing to water because I won the water kit at a UT2004 tournament :) Idle temps i'm not positive, but as far as I can recall it hovered around 39-41C, there was never a huge increase between idle/load.

Ok , those are great temps !
I want to buy one of the Zalman's or the AL-CU or the CU i am just afraid of its weight (CU-773g) and i have socket 478 which holding the HSF with the plastic bracket.
is that strong enough?

The Zalman comes with a small bracket that mounts into th standard P4 bracket, it seemed perfectly strong enough for me.

You have socket 478 too?
and if yes, its strong enough if i want to move the copmputer to clean the fans or some smalls motions?? (not lan parties or something like this
Thnaks! :)

I just ordered my 7000A-Cu - I'm a little worried about the weight, but the only times I move my computer are when I need to work inside it or dust it off.

Yeah thats almost the only resson why i am not ordring it yet, the weight.
"The Donut" what do you say its stable enough ? even if you move the case?
Thanks! :cool:

BTW i have ABIT IC-7 like yours (just weaker for ocing) the plastic bracket is hard enough to hold 773g ??

Just order it. You know it's not falling off other peoples' computers, and top-performance HSF like this one will weight about the same.

I frequently attended LANs with the Zalman in my machine, without any problems. Ofcourse, you have to mount your motherboard well, don't go missing any spacers. Baring in mind I was using the all-copper one, so it was even heavier.

Ok, so you say its ok to install this heavy heatsink without be concernd?
But anyway, the diffrence between the AL-CU version to the CU version is big ?
The thermal greas will be Arctic Silver 5.
Thnaks! ;)

I used Nanotherm PCM+ as my thermal grease. And, unless you jar your computer suddenly I don't think theres a risk to your socket. Just make sure you mount your mother board proeprly and all HSF clips are secured.

Donut, did you use the quick mounting "screws" on you IC7-MAX3 when you had the 7000 on it?

I have my Zalman 7000CU (which is basically the same as the aluminum one, only heavier) on my P4C800-E DLX bracket and it's quite strudy. Bit heavy, but it won't fall or anything like that, that is if you have it mounted pretty firmly/tight.

And it should fit on the IC7MAXIII without any mods, I have a friend who had one on his, before he switched his mobo over to the P4C800-E DLX.

the Zalman 7000 series is a lot taller than you'd think it is.

On my P4C800-E DLX I have my 2.8C at 3.36GHz and i'm running the Zalman at fullpower with some Arctic Silver 3 and it's quiet as my temps are around 33-35C (CPU) it'll start going to 45C (CPU) when I spend a few hours playing some games like CS or UT2k4, also I have 5x 80mm case fans in my antec case ;)

Mobo temps are around the same temps usually as my CPU for some odd reason, stupid ASUS PROBE.

Very quiet and works well.
I have one (all copper) on my ASUS P4PE mobo and it gets carted all over the place.
I have a P4 2.4 (533fsb) @ to 2.7 and it runs at 39 idle and 48 flat out playing games in a hot room..
Bit of a pain to install but well worth it.

The ASUS mobos knowing in showing lower temps that they really is, but anyway great temps!
how is it stability?

Alright it came today! Installation on my Pentium4 couldn't get any easier. Took me 5 minutes tops to prepare and install. It actually isn't as heavy as I expected! I can't hear it over my very quiet power supply, and with my power supply's fan turned all the way down, my system is practically silent. I love this fan. It fit perfectly into my MAX3. "Unknown," get it NOW! :)

7000A... I never heard of a 7000B. Isn't there only 7000 and 7000A? Anyway, it's all I'm going to need for a long time. :p

Finsta said:
On Zalman's website for the compatibility of the 7000A-alcu, it doesn't list the IC7-MAX3 and on the chart it says that if the motherboard is not listed then it is compatible but I want to hear it from people who got it on their IC7-MAX3 without modification.

not sure about the 7000A-ALCU but i have a 7000A-Cu on a IC7-MAX3 and fits fine.

Back