6950 in a Cooler Master Storm Scout? Nothing on website

pojut

Gawd
Hey all...will a 6950 fit in a Cooler Master Storm Scout? I checked out the official site, but no word on max video card length...

Bumping once for great justice, before letting this thread die. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

I believe it will fit up to 270mm or 10.6 inches according to a quick google search. I do not own one however so I cannot measure for myself. But if that is the case, a 6950 will not fit without case modification as I believe the 69xx cards are over 11 inches long. At least until the non reference models start showing up which should be shorter.

These are the comments from Newegg on that case.

Other Thoughts: i7-950, asus sabertooth, hd 6870, g.skill 6gb ddr3, corsair 750w, etc.

Cons: Space problems i had problems installing my ATI Radeon 5850 so for newer cards you will have problems

My guess is that you may have problems with a very long card like the 6950. You may get it in, but probably not easily.

I don't think they would be simpatico. And if you get it in it will be like a solid wall.

I had one of these Storm Scouts before. While I could get a 9800 GTX in it, 2 actually in SLI on an older motherboard, the slightly longer 5870 I had would not fit. I believe the drive cage was in the way. I cannot be 100% but I'm right at 90% at least. Hope this helps.

Hmm...might have to replace it then. Any suggestions on a mid-tower case that could fit it, and has 4 USB ports on the front? Thanks all!

Thanks for the suggestion, but uh...gotta agree with Tom on that one :)

Any thoughts on the BX-500? Looks like it supports video cards up to a little over 14 inches, has 4 front USB ports, and just generally looks good.

While it's hard to tell from pictures, the shots of the internals look like the case is made of that cheesy metal material you normally see if very low-end cases, often with sharp edges. I relegated my old crappy cases made from that material to being my home domain controllers because I never open them up. Gamers/tweakers are usually in their case on a regular, or semi-regular basis.

But, if you like the looks, it fits your budget, and fits the purpose for which you are buying it (long video card) then it shouldn't really matter.

The Aerocool seems a bit too much to spend for a case from a lesser known brand with no cable management.

For the same price you can get the regularly suggested Lian Li PC-K62 and the Coolermaster CM 690II.

The only issue is they don't have 4 USB ports. I feel it's more worth it to get a quality case and then buy a USB hub for your USB needs. People usually keep cases for a while and they make a big difference in terms of your experience with your computer.

I just upgraded from a storm scout (it's still sitting on the floor behind me)

It had no room left at all with a 5850, a 6950 will definitely not fit.

Back