6800GT SLi?

enelson125

Limp Gawd
I just upgraded to AM2 and managed to trade away my AGP 6800GT for a PCI-E one. I was wondering if it would be worth it to buy another 6800GT to run in SLI. I'm not planning on getting a new video card until next summer, as I'll be back at college and won't have an income. Also I want to wait and see how the DX10 cards turn out and hopefully the summer refresh will yield some good cards.

So basically my overall question is does running two 6800GTs in SLi yield a noticeable performance increase?

My 7600gt's saw a HUGE gain over a single card. Its really a tossup though. You can either get a 7900gt or sli your 6800s. I wouldn't invest too much into DX10 cards because vista isn't due out for a while anyways. On top of that, most if not all games will be dx9 compiant for years to come.

Asian Dub Foundation said:
if you can find a 68GT for cheap then i say go for it

exactly.. you cant go wrong with it and it will treat you well for a while. Sure it wont be "top of the line", but you will be able to play everything for the next year and save yourself a bunch of loot.

nvidia's drivers allow you to run cards from different brands now right? For example since I have an eVGA 6800GT I am not limited to only eVGA for my 6800GT. Is that right?

running msi and evga 6800gt sli in the a8n32 with no problems. very fast in almost all situations. definitely worth it if you can get another 6800gt for reasonable price. good solid cards.

dx10 games won't have much impact for at least a year or 2 from now. wouldn't want to be one of the first dx10 card testers err buyers. let the tech mature for a year; probably many changes after first ones hit the channels.

however, ddr4 vid mem looks to be very promising. have to keep an eye on that tech.

ClintE said:
running msi and evga 6800gt sli in the a8n32 with no problems.

Don't see too many people using 6800GT SLI anymore. Are you using the 91.xx drivers? All the 91.xx drivers BSOD my PC when I enable SLI. So I'm still using 84.63.

Back