6800GT power req's vs. x800 XT

zombie10k

Weaksauce
I know the X800XT is only a few watts more than the 9800XT draws, but if there any info about the 6800GT power draw?

I have an ice-cube SFF, and have a 9800Pro running past XT speeds with no problem. So I figured a pro or XT 800 would be fine. How bad is the 6800 GT w/ wattage draw?

I have no problem rigging an external power supply dedicated for the video card. I already have some good ideas of how to make a small, dedicated PS. I also have the case highly modified for cooling, so heat won't be an issue.

also, any recent benchmarks comparing a 6800GT to the 9800pro/XT? I see from the posts, that the newer drivers really level out the benchmarks with AA turned on.

I am just wondering if waiting who knows how long for the x800 XT's to actually re-appear, vs. a 6800GT purchase now would fair.

I have an impatient coworker waiting for my 9800pro.

thx

ATi has stated the X800pro card consumes less than the 9800pro card. The core consumes more, but it was offset by the GDDR3 and a more refined board layout. Not sure about the X800XT, but its supposed to be around the 80 watt range.

Back