6800GT causing monitor problems?

Devlyyn

n00b
Ok, I decided to post this here since this problem only surfaced after I got my new video card. Anyway, I did a fresh install of windows so I had to reinstall all my drivers. All went well until I try to install the NaviSet utility for my Mitsubishi FP912sb. For some reason it just wouldnt detect that it was a supported monitor. I installed the drivers for it from online so it says the correct monitor in the hardware manager. But the deal is when I boot into windows the monitor shuts down. Like goes into standby mode, every time. And if I try to turn it back on it wont come on (or wake up). I have to turn it off, unplug it from my video card, turn it on, then plug it back in. Also its started randomly powering down or whatever in windows sometimes. Usually I'll notice it'll do it if I press the shift key (like when i'm shift + delete'ing) something. Does anyone have any clue what the heck is going on here?

Im having the same problem with my borthers 5600 after months of working fine now that its in his pc. Every time he plays a game it goes into standby. I would suggest reinstalling dx9 and all the drivers it must be something with the drivers or the pc bios.

Reinstalled direct x. Nada. Its not just with games its all the freaking time in windows. Now almost every time I hit shift to shift delete something it does it, and sometimes if I right click a file. WTF?

Back