6600 xt performing like old rx 580

so its not overclocked and my xmp profile did nothing
select xmp profile and set dram frequency to ddr4-3000
1705461599852.png

What's the date say for your bios? Maybe the cmos battery just needs to be replaced or something

Or a microcode issue.
Exactly, that's still a cpu issue as far as I'm concerned. The Ram issue is also cpu related, as the memory controller lives on the CPU.
Maybe a little old school, but I would try a clean install of windows.
This is a cheap experiment. I also recommend this. I don't expect this would fix the cpu/ram issues though.

I wouldn't be suprised if the xmp profile is failing the ram training test and it is defaulting to 2133. Set it to 2800 and try that.

Reactions: travm
like this
thats why i said to set it to xmp, note the settings and then manually set them...

thats why i said to set it to xmp, note the settings and then manually set them...
ya i did that and it didnt to anything, tried 2800 too, nothing either so next is to try clean install of windows which ill do later because im currently busy

View attachment 628153mine is the 2nd one, is downloading a bios in beta too risky?
he meant the time/date when youre in the bios, not which version. if its off, the battery may be too low to save settings correctly. you can also test them with a multimeter if you have one or some battery testers too. if its below 3.2/3.1v replace it.

can i do this with roofus? i used a bootable usb drive trying to de-cyberpower my mother board from a b450m gaming to a b450m ac
don't complicate things. the media creation tool will create the bootable usb drive for you.

yup, and whatever "de-cyberpower" means may be messing with shit....
my bios used to look like this persons and i had no rebar option because the bios was so old, if you go to their website they dont support b450m anymore so i was stuck on a bios from 2019. my motherboard used to be a b450m gaming but the b450m gaming is literally the same exact thing as the b450m ac but cyberpower puts a sticker over it and says b450m gaming. also, the problem was before this, i "de-cyberpowered my pc to enable rebar to see if that would help with my problem but of course it didnt.
1705542851295.png

If you reinstall windows, make sure you have your activation code some place. You may need to extract it first.

Was it acting funny before you flashed a different bios?

I didnt have anything in the 2XXX generation, but my 1700 wouldnt run xmp. I had to put it at 2800 and raise the sub timinings. Its been years, but i remember 1T timing wouldnt work and subtimings had to be loosened.

If you reinstall windows, make sure you have your activation code some place. You may need to extract it first.

Was it acting funny before you flashed a different bios?
yes it was acting weird before, i flashed a different bios because i thought it could fix the problem. and how do i extract the code?

I didnt have anything in the 2XXX generation, but my 1700 wouldnt run xmp. I had to put it at 2800 and raise the sub timinings. Its been years, but i remember 1T timing wouldnt work and subtimings had to be loosened.
odd, thank you for your 2 cents, ill try this

yes it was acting weird before, i flashed a different bios because i thought it could fix the problem. and how do i extract the code?
Did it come with a sticker on it someplace with the code or in the manual? If so, then that would be it. otherwise, there are programs that can extract the code out of the registry.

if you bought it from cyberpower, it will be embedded in the uefi, like most modern oems.
or you can use magic jelly bean to extract it, just ignore any a/v warnings...
okay i just reinstalled windows and nothing changed..this is so depressing seriously

okay i just reinstalled windows and nothing changed..this is so depressing seriously
definitely not software related then.

this message appears on all the bios for the B450M/AC other than version 1.00.
1705803185613.png

the 2700x is a pinnacle ridge according to techpowerup

if it was me, i would. however though, i'm not sure what kind of issue might happen when downgrading bios on that board.
it's a risk that you'll have to make a decision on. it could resolve all the issues or brick the board.

easier option would be to borrow a ryzen 3xxx series cpu (matisse) and test if the issue is still there.

like this
like this
Yes there was a version 1.5 for OEMS built by dell ,cyberpower etc. I explained the bios issue on page 2 of this thread. Been there done that sorta thing. Go ahead and reflash to version 1 of the bios and if it bricks the board you can mail it to me and I'll reprogram the bios chip for you or you can try your luck with Asrock.

Back