6600 Noise Level

aznx

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi, does anyone know how loud 6600s usually are? The regular editions. Thanks.

I cant hear mine at all over my other fans, and they are pretty quiet to begin with :D

aznx, how do you like the card? I just got an Asus N6600 for my machine at work and was just wondering how they performed?

Well I'm not getting the card till thursday, slowly shipping it =P. But from reviews and stuff, it is pretty kick ass for the price, the only thing it doesn't beat is the x700 and above, but the x600 and below, rapes. Also after you overclock the core to about 500mhz, they perform almost onpar to a 6600 GT. I will tell you how mine turns out, after I get the 6600 and the rest of my system up =). Also since my lcd tops out at 1280x1024, the benchmarks for anything higher don't really mean much to me, and most games at 1280x1024 it can handle decently, if not, just turn it down a notch to 1024x768 I guess. But either way it shouldn't be a big deal, for the price it should be awesome.

I have an ASUS 6600 and it works great. I don't hear it at all over my casefans (2x80mm). It doesn't quite perform up to 6600GT speeds due to the memory differences, but it still takes a healthy OC. Stock is 300mhz on the core and I had mine running 550mhz.

Got mine installed today, in a Dell Dimension 4550,and I'm fairly impressed with it. I didn't run any benchmarks, but I did play the F.E.A.R. beta and Battlefield 2 with medium settings without any problems. It ran pretty much like my 9800 pro and I did not experiance any of the slowdown like some people were reporting with other Nvidia cards.I'll give it a 7 on a scale of ten.

Back