65w 5000+ BE(2.6ghz), or 89w 5800 (3.0ghz)

Smoove910

[H]ard|Gawd
As the title says. Looks like both have oc potential. My main use for PC is moderate gaming and DVD burning. I like low temps too...

Which is better for strenuous conditions (gaming/overclocking environment). Please offer advise, links to good info!!!

Will be going into a micro ATX Biostar 780G chipset, Zalman 9700 for cooling, 4gb of Mushkin 800mhz to go hand in hand with...

Thanks in advance!

not quite same but i had a 65w 5200+ at 3.19 and it handled any game i could throw at it

+1 for the 5000+ BE.

it should be able to oc to 3ghz easily without a hitch. just do a search for 5000+ black edition review. every result will have them reaching at least 3ghz at stock voltage.

The 5800+ starts at 3.0+ghz, better starting point, newer chip. Iike this new chip, What a price!

+1 on the 5800+... I upgraded to one from a X2 3600+ and its a hell of a big difference at stock clocks.

I considered the 5000+ BE until I realized that I would be trying to overclock it to 3ghz when this one ships at that clock.

I don't know if Cool n' Quiet matters to you, but consider that you have to turn it off for any overclocking. This was a big reason for my upgrade. When my PC stopped being just a game PC and turned into a Print & Media server as well. At idol, Athlon X2's chug along at 1ghz with low voltage.

I'm thinking that this will hold you over until Deneb comes out this winter. Although, I could just be trying to justify my purchase...

5400+ BE?! Well that just made your decision easy.

2.8ghz is a nice stock speed for Athlon's. It gives you the full 800mhz clock speed for your memory.

Just ordered the 5400 Black Edition. Will be replacing an X3 # 2.6ghz, so we'll see if any difference is felt.

Just ordered the 5400 Black Edition. Will be replacing an X3 # 2.6ghz, so we'll see if any difference is felt.

Nice, I eagerly wait for what you have to say about this cpu. I'm looking to buy one in about a week if it's still in stock by then.

Back