6300 allendale vs conroe

Allendale = E6300 and E6400
Conroe = E6600, E6700 and X6800

That motherboard sucks at overclocking, i'd rather get a P5LD2 (REV2) if you're overclocking and on a budget.

wonton1017 said:
Allendale = E6300 and E6400
Conroe = E6600, E6700 and X6800

That motherboard sucks at overclocking, i'd rather get a P5LD2 (REV2) if you're overclocking and on a budget.

nope, E6300, E6400 are Conroes as well. They just have 2MB cache disabled

Allendales are the E4000's with 800MHz bus.

I'd say try for the biostar tforce board for overclocking on the cheap side. Or, like someone will suggest, the DS3 if you can add a few bucks.

ok, lets get this clear, i dont want to buy the wrong thing :(

im set on my motherboard, dont need any help there, i think this is the best one for MY needs at the moment, not a permanent thing

what is the deal with the cores?

Go with E6400, people getting great overclocks and it is cheap.

ok guys, maybe i wasnt clear when i posted the thread

in the link in the origional post, is that the right 6300 core for overclocking? are there multiple 6300 cores or not?

He didn't mean whether it was a dual-core processor or not.
He meant whether there were E6300s with different cores or not.

ok guys, once agian, maybe i wasnt clear enough, the only question i had was weather or not the e6300 in that package was the one suited for overclocking,

no questions about the board

i own a e6600 and a asrock dual vsta and i can tell u if you overclocking most i can get it abt 305 to 309 fsb works out abt 2.7 to 2.7 and odds its a very stable systm that will let you upgrade peice meal , i am am changing the mobo and memory mobo to abit 680i mobo and going with 4 gigs of gskill. as for running it with a e6300 i wouldnt bother if u cant afford the e6600 go with the e6400 with this mother board the extra multi makes a huge diff my bro has the e6400 and he can hit 315fsb with the asrock and can get over 2.5 ghz. the e6300 is only really worth it if your going with a good clocking mobo like the ds3 IMO. if like me you cant afford to upgrade all in 1 go the asrock is a good board but if your gonna use it for a while go for the chip with the highest multi you can afford so u can get a bit more performance and allow yourself to reuse your old stuff

To put this to rest...

There is only one E6300!!!

Just buy it and stop complaining. There is only one E6300 and no it is not really a true allendale, it is a conroe chip, the one you've been hearing so much about.

End of discussion. Now hush.

I lol'ed IRL at this thread, nobody managed to answer his question, just tell him to get a new mobo.

THEY ARE THE SAME PROCESSOR... and it's fine for overclocking. There, question answered.

Shlomo said:
I lol'ed IRL at this thread, nobody managed to answer his question, just tell him to get a new mobo.

THEY ARE THE SAME PROCESSOR... and it's fine for overclocking. There, question answered.

i loled to, ha, at least someone else gets this wreck of a thread, lol

and thanks guys! took a bit of probing but i got my question answered :)

It does not matter if the E6300 is an Allendale or Conroe as long as your getting a 1.86GHZ, 1066FSB, and 2MB LV2 Core 2 Duo processor your good to go.

Yes, but for trivia sake, the e6300/e6400 were thought to be Allendales by everyone, incl major reviewers and CPU-Z. They now know its Conroe and CPU-Z now shows that in their v1.38.

amenx said:
Yes, but for trivia sake, the e6300/e6400 were thought to be Allendales by everyone, incl major reviewers and CPU-Z. They now know its Conroe and CPU-Z now shows that in their v1.38.

There was a misprint in some Intel release documentation stating the e6300 and e6400 are Allendales, hence many review sites said Allendale.

Sine then Intel have corrected this and clearly stated the e6300 and e6400 are Conroe with 2Mb cache disabled.

There road map shows the first Allendales to ship Q1 2007.

Oh and a foot note, certain version of software report the Conroe e6300/6400 as Allendale as they are coded from the original misprint in the Intel documentation.

god damn it. I have my computer named allendale. looks like I'll have to change it to conroe now :p

Back