6000+ passive in SG01?

armyoffoo

Limp Gawd
Does anyone have a setup similar to this? Mine is getting up to 40-44 idle and 60-ish when playing BF2 cooled passively with an NT06. If I run ORTHOS, it crashes after about 12 minutes. This is all with stock mult, fsb and voltage. Just trying to figure out if there is anything I can try to lower temps.

Silverstone SG01B-W
Silverstone ST50EF-PLUS SC Power Supply
ASUS M2A-VM motherboard
AMD 6000+ w/NT06 Lite
2GB Corsair PC2-6400
Raptor X
8800 GTS 640MB
X-Fi ExtremeMusic
SATA DVDRW
4x80mm fans (1 intake and exhaust before and after Raptor X, 1 intake top front, 1 exhaust top back)
All cables tucked / tied out of the way for better airflow.

Isnt there a fan that you can put on the NT06? Adding some active cooling to it is the only other solution I would think. Maybe some AS5 if you have any. A fan should improve it more than anything I guess.

The fan that comes with it mounts to the top, it won't fit under. I had a 12cm Yate Loon zip-tied under it blowing up into the power supply, but that didn't help temps. I was thinking that because of the size of the Yate and the clearance under the NT06 that the fan wasn't able to pull enough "cool" air from outside the case through the vent in the side panel so I took it out. I thought about one of those Arctic 12's because they are open-faced on one side, but they are too thick to fit. So, when I got home today, I took out my dremel and made my own. I sliced my Yate in half and mounted it under again. I can actually feel it pulling in air through the vent now. Idle temps down to 34C in Asus monitor and 38-42C in Core Temp. I will attempt to run ORTHOS again, I'll post my results. Oh, and I am using AS5, I've tried 5 diff thermal compounds. :)

ORTHOS load at 59-61C, BF2 heats it up to 53-56C. I might have to cut some holes in this case and add another fan or maybe I should look into water cooling it.

Back