5930K RMA

psyshack

Limp Gawd
And it sucks!

Looks like it has a memory controller issue. :(

The machine was never the best but far from the worse. What can you expect from a MSI X99S Gaming 7 costing $230 bucks new retail and free shipping,

Lost dimm slot #3. All ram test show ram to at least be serviceable and no errors at stock speeds and with the cpu OC'ed to a day in and out 4.5ghz OC on EK block water all was good.

Then intel found out about all the intel cpus I had registered dating back to 8080 days. It was kind of cool. The gent I was working with kind of freaked out when I told him the 8080 he saw was my first OC and that my private email addy and landline number had not changed in all those years. :)

It's like the machine had a issue from build date. To use a car example. It's like it had a bad ball joint from the start.

Of note Intel will cross ship if you give them a credit card number. That is bad ass. I can't think of one tech company at the consumer level that will do such a thing. MSI, Gigajunk, G.Skill, Corsair, Samsinging and others won't do it muchless offer cross shipping as a standard part of doing business. And ,,, I will now purchase the oc insurance when I get my new cpu. I hope the new sillycone OC's atleast as good as the old cpu did.

One thing I wish Intel and MSI would have do was give me true white paper pin out and true mode of operation concerning the cpu and motherboard ram slot pin out so I could atleast try to make heads or tales of the issues I'm seeing. And use my O-Scope and skills to see if I could figure out what in the hell was going on.

How does Intel know the CPU's you have had? Did you register it with themselves?

You can register Intel CPUs? Even ones from the 90s before the Internet was a common thing?

Hello ,,, there use to be warranty registration cards,,, snail mail, and O MY GOD TELEPHONES. In the oldin days one had to register there purchase for warranty and tech support concerns. And even then one might still have to pay for tech support. That kinds weeded out the stupid trash...

And it sucks!

Looks like it has a memory controller issue. :(

The machine was never the best but far from the worse. What can you expect from a MSI X99S Gaming 7 costing $230 bucks new retail and free shipping,

Lost dimm slot #3. All ram test show ram to at least be serviceable and no errors at stock speeds and with the cpu OC'ed to a day in and out 4.5ghz OC on EK block water all was good.

Then intel found out about all the intel cpus I had registered dating back to 8080 days. It was kind of cool. The gent I was working with kind of freaked out when I told him the 8080 he saw was my first OC and that my private email addy and landline number had not changed in all those years. :)

It's like the machine had a issue from build date. To use a car example. It's like it had a bad ball joint from the start.

Of note Intel will cross ship if you give them a credit card number. That is bad ass. I can't think of one tech company at the consumer level that will do such a thing. MSI, Gigajunk, G.Skill, Corsair, Samsinging and others won't do it muchless offer cross shipping as a standard part of doing business. And ,,, I will now purchase the oc insurance when I get my new cpu. I hope the new sillycone OC's atleast as good as the old cpu did.

One thing I wish Intel and MSI would have do was give me true white paper pin out and true mode of operation concerning the cpu and motherboard ram slot pin out so I could atleast try to make heads or tales of the issues I'm seeing. And use my O-Scope and skills to see if I could figure out what in the hell was going on.

#1 I cant believe you can or do register processors...

#2 Mad props for registering an 8080 and +5 for the dude on the phone even knowing what an 8080 was.

#3 after reading the post I can see why you register them. Nifty.

#4 you really want a pinout on a 2011v3 chip? I like my fluke and all but damn. Realistically you could probably spend a little time ( a shitload of time ) ohming out the working ramslots to the cpu to narrow down the problem. :D

#5 when all else fails just chunk it in the oven.

Erm, and what are you still using a netscape email address or something? Hell email wasn't even around in the 8080 days?! You sure you didn't mail em a punchcard lol :)

As much as that IS awesome, Intel is the company that has no competitors and pretty much wakes up every morning and chooses how much profit it makes (spoiler alert: lots). So they have the luxury of gratuitous support budgets.

That said, I'm planning on buying a 5960x here soon, so it's awesome to know they have their after-purchase support all under-control.

Back