5900nu to 5950 mod

someone who has done this tell me how to use the nvflash. having trouble understanding that dos crap :D

ok i figured out what to to but my card is not eceepting the bios.

You can use a switch to remove checks when updaing BIOS files, type "nameofflashutility /?" in the console and it should list the available switches for you.

does anyone have some customized BIOS files?

What would be great is if someone made a BIOS editor that did everything for you. Gave you drop down boxes of card manufacturer, model and seperate core & memory speeds so you could hard set the speeds at whatever you want. And possibly voltage setting also.

Now that would be sweet. You could take a 5900 series bios, tell it label your bios string for having a Leadtek 5900 Ultra (need mfg id # & model #) and that you want speeds set to say 460/905 (pretested best stable speed) and possibly +.05 volts to the core or something.

Any [H]ard Programmer think they could do that?

Maybe cross post this in software forum?

I may try to edit my bios to set the speed to 425/875 in bios(then coolbits it up from there), b/c every once in a blue moon when I either upgrade drivers or something,... I'll lose my coolbits setting and it reverts to default 400/850.

Originally posted by Princess_Frosteh
You can use a switch to remove checks when updaing BIOS files, type "nameofflashutility /?" in the console and it should list the available switches for you.
it says could not find winflash.exe /?

btw my card runs stock 400/700

im really not sure wheather i should do it or not. i do not how to flash my bios and is it really worth it to void your warrenty ? i want to but then there are consequnces as said earlier up it would be great if someone made a program that flashed everything and extracted for you. i am only getting a 5044 on my 5900 verto series on 3d mark and i am hoping to get it up to beat my friends 5678 score with his 9800 pro . does anyone know where i can find a manual online to overcloak my 5900 . thanks :rolleyes:

would be nice if one of the BFG 5950 owners here or somewhere else would get a damn BIOS dump from their card so we can fuck with it.

Originally posted by Visable-assassin
would be nice if one of the BFG 5950 owners here or somewhere else would get a damn BIOS dump from their card so we can fuck with it.

Man, I hear that. Someone around here has to own one.

I took my Gainward 5900 Ultra and flashed the Bios to a Gainward 5950 Ultra. it turned the volts on the card up alittle, and it default runs higher now. It is 475 core and 950 memory now. I think it was 400/850 before. Real easy took me about 10 mins total.

Originally posted by Mongo
I took my Gainward 5900 Ultra and flashed the Bios to a Gainward 5950 Ultra. it turned the volts on the card up alittle, and it default runs higher now. It is 475 core and 950 memory now. I think it was 400/850 before. Real easy took me about 10 mins total.

You're either a major noob or a major liar. How could you not know what speed you were at before!!! You should test it at the speed you're going to be flashing it to first!!! If not you could end up with a dead/non-booting card! So you should know where you were and that you could at least get VERY close to the speed you were flashing at (extra volts should help you get to it)

BTW it should have been 450/850. Also, how did you measure volts to it?

I'm debating on flashing my Gainward 5900NU to at 5950, but I already have the card overclocked to 475 / 950.

What other benefits are there to flashing the bios instead of just overclocking the card?

Laban

where do i find out how to overcloak my verto 5900 ? im getting a 5044 score on 3dmark should it be higher i know my friends 9800 pro is 5678 and i want to get it up higher .

Originally posted by laban
I'm debating on flashing my Gainward 5900NU to at 5950, but I already have the card overclocked to 475 / 950.

What other benefits are there to flashing the bios instead of just overclocking the card?

Laban

I read some where that you could overclock your card a little higher but the 5950 bios had more relaxed memory timings so when the cards were set at the same clock speeds the 5900 overclocked to 5950 with out the 5950 bios performed a little better then when it actually had the 5950 bios.

Originally posted by TMCM
I read some where that you could overclock your card a little higher but the 5950 bios had more relaxed memory timings so when the cards were set at the same clock speeds the 5900 overclocked to 5950 with out the 5950 bios performed a little better then when it actually had the 5950 bios.

the hearsay is..........

it allows higher clocks b/c of higher voltage and looser memory timings. so at the same Mhz for Mhz it might be more stable b/c of more voltage, but could be slightly slower b/c of more relaxed memory timings. But the point is that it should let you clock your memory higher than it was pre 5950 bios. So you might get 1000Mhz instead of 910-950Mhz etc.

And the core should clock higher b/c of the higher voltage.

Back