5800 Series Roll Call: Post pics of your 5850/5870 set up...

PS3

[H]ard|Gawd
IT'S ON NOW. :cool:

ps3system.jpg

Do not be alarmed, my vid card doesn't even touch the hard drive.:eek:

It's legitimate, not just another crap thread. He wants pics, that's it.

legitimate? sonda5 was banned already, now this? how is everybody's 5870's different from each others, they are all plugged on the same PCI-E, they are all inside the case?

It's for showing off?

Have you seen how many times PS3 has linked this image to a post of his?

He want's to show off his gaming rig (and how cramped it is), and want's to see ours.

I try to keep a fresh onlook for every new thread, regardless of who starts it.

It's for showing off?

Have you seen how many times PS3 has linked this image to a post of his?

He want's to show off his gaming rig (and how cramped it is), and want's to see ours.

and you are saying that this is legit? :FACEPALM:

PS3 has this case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119193

saw it in Fry's, seriously considered, if it weren't for my Antec arriving soon.

I thought it was missing a Hard drive cage? (floor model doesn't have one).

Looking at PS3's image, it was probably removed for the 5850, or was never present.

Dunno. It seems to be a wierd place to put a HDD drive, for a case design.

PS3 has this case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119193

saw it in Fry's, seriously considered, if it weren't for my Antec arriving soon.

I thought it was missing a Hard drive cage? (floor model doesn't have one).

Looking at PS3's image, it was probably removed for the 5850, or was never present.

Dunno. It seems to be a wierd place to put a HDD drive, for a case design.

Fry's had it on sale for $25 at one point, which is well worth it. Case has great air flow for a microatx. 29c idle temps when it's cold, and 35-37c idle temps when it's a bit warmer on the 5850.

Why do you have the sli 5870's in your p55 setup and a single 4870 on your 1366 setup???

I don't have SLI 5870's. I have CrossfireX 5870's :p

And the reason is that when I do choose to overclock my CPU eventually, the new 860 hits 4Ghz so easily it's silly. My 920 is a C0 so gets flaky over 3.8Ghz, runs best at 3.6Ghz. So, whenever I do get ready to pour on the steam, I'll have more steam to pour. BUT, even then, I won't be pushing a resolution and IQ that will show any bandwidth limitations between the cards that the X58 would otherwise have not suffered. My 25" LCD helps extend the life expectancy of this system as well since it doesn't ask too intense of a native resolution.

Besides. Nothing is permanent. If Fermi proves to be a beast, I may buy 2 of those and drop them in the 1366 rig. Those may very well stress the PCIe bus well enough to need the difference. And if not, then I can move the Crossfire 5870's to the 1366 rig and drop Fermi(s) in the P55 rig for SLI mode fun. I'm flexible like that :p

I should add that both rigs are capable of Crossfire or SLI as needed, so no worries either way :D

Thats after dusting ;) When I got the 5870 I had to pull everything out to get the new power supply in too, so I dusted then. Problem is I'm missing a PCI cover so dust gets in easily. As for the card-- its snug, not like I move my computer around a lot.

Thats after dusting ;) When I got the 5870 I had to pull everything out to get the new power supply in too, so I dusted then. Problem is I'm missing a PCI cover so dust gets in easily. As for the card-- its snug, not like I move my computer around a lot.

Damn... your power supply threw up cables in your case. :p

I don't have SLI 5870's. I have CrossfireX 5870's :p

And the reason is that when I do choose to overclock my CPU eventually, the new 860 hits 4Ghz so easily it's silly. My 920 is a C0 so gets flaky over 3.8Ghz, runs best at 3.6Ghz. So, whenever I do get ready to pour on the steam, I'll have more steam to pour. BUT, even then, I won't be pushing a resolution and IQ that will show any bandwidth limitations between the cards that the X58 would otherwise have not suffered. My 25" LCD helps extend the life expectancy of this system as well since it doesn't ask too intense of a native resolution.

Besides. Nothing is permanent. If Fermi proves to be a beast, I may buy 2 of those and drop them in the 1366 rig. Those may very well stress the PCIe bus well enough to need the difference. And if not, then I can move the Crossfire 5870's to the 1366 rig and drop Fermi(s) in the P55 rig for SLI mode fun. I'm flexible like that :p

I should add that both rigs are capable of Crossfire or SLI as needed, so no worries either way :D

What about the 2 x 8X PCI-E slots on a P55 vs. 2 x 16X PCI-E on the X58?

Damn... your power supply threw up cables in your case. :p

lol it does kind of look like that :D I use to be pretty anal about the wires/interior of my PC, then that kind of just faded over the years. Its not like I'm looking in my computer case all that often. As long as the cables aren't obstructing fans, I'm good with it. ;)

What about the 2 x 8X PCI-E slots on a P55 vs. 2 x 16X PCI-E on the X58?

I covered that point. It's not a point at all. Not at my resolution of use. If I was pushing out 2560+ resolutions, sure, it could be an issue. But Eyefinity isn't something I intend to invest in at this point, nor is a 30" monitor.

I covered that point. It's not a point at all. Not at my resolution of use. If I was pushing out 2560+ resolutions, sure, it could be an issue. But Eyefinity isn't something I intend to invest in at this point, nor is a 30" monitor.

I must have skipped over it. I am lazy today. From what I have read even at 1920x1200 there is a decent loss in frame rates. Nothing huge. I saw basically 120fps vs 133fps. 13fps difference between the two. Personally I will take all I can get if its right there in front of me.

I'm not that good at cable management either, but everyone's cabling sucks.

Yeah, mine isn't the best I guess, but the temps are the main factor, and my temps are great....now I'm ashamed to have posted a pic :-(

Yeah, mine isn't the best I guess, but the temps are the main factor, and my temps are great....now I'm ashamed to have posted a pic :-(

I'll post my comp's pic when I get home and then you'll see bad cabling on display.

Back