5700X3D and 5500X3D potential release

5950x3d would be funny to see - I'd bite.
My 5950x is screwed and only runs right with PBO tweaked. I have a couple of cores that need + voltage when your run some of those core analysis apps. If I just let it run at stock, it runs at a lower all core clock speed than my 3900x does. However, with PBO, it runs at similar speeds and produces similar results as others I see online. It just crapped out one day a year or two ago and there was no fixing it. Since PBO works, it's not worth it to me to spend the money on a used one to replace it, but I would check out an X3D version for sure. I can't see it happening though since it's a 16 core part, not like there's a chip above it to bin down like with the 570 X3D.

I've been glad AM4 has continued options, I know have plenty of AM4 stuff kicking, but some of these new cpus I feel missed the window.

I know I have no interest in 5000x3D line these days. The 5800x3d has been good to me, but I have no use in those below it. Although a 5950x or 5900x in 3d flavor would have been cool.

I'll probably sell my 5900x and Mobo and move up to a 7900x3d.

Curious to see someone post experience on the 5700x3d.

My 5950x is screwed and only runs right with PBO tweaked. I have a couple of cores that need + voltage when your run some of those core analysis apps. If I just let it run at stock, it runs at a lower all core clock speed than my 3900x does. However, with PBO, it runs at similar speeds and produces similar results as others I see online. It just crapped out one day a year or two ago and there was no fixing it. Since PBO works, it's not worth it to me to spend the money on a used one to replace it, but I would check out an X3D version for sure. I can't see it happening though since it's a 16 core part, not like there's a chip above it to bin down like with the 570 X3D.
5950x at newegg For the record, you can get a 5950x NIB from newegg for $379.00. Same price at amazon as well. That's less than most of the used stuff out there.

IMO the extra cache would start to encroach on AMDs Threadripper line up. Most gamers the 8 core 16 thread with cache is the sweet spot. Unless your doing production workloads most games/engines don't use the extra cores/threads. Also you have latency on the CCDs between cores and cache.

Why not a single core 5100x3d since we keep wanting less and less cores with cache

Back