5200 and 9800 lag

DRJ1014

Supreme [H]ardness
when playing battle field it lags. i have a nvidia 5200fx pro. my brother is running the asus 9800. we play together like 1 on 1. is it my video card thats lagging and thats making a little lag on his computer? it might be the memory but i doubt it. ne ideas why it is

Are you guys playing over the net or over LAN? If over LAN, are one of you guys the server? Being the server would probably cause lag for everyone else.

Also, the 5200 stinks, turn your settings down.

turn the resolution down. Still lagging? it's not the gfx card.

Slow network is far and away the primary cause of lagging. With a game like bf1942, which puts a LOT of strain on the server, it could be whoever runs the server just doesn't have the hardware to play the game AND serve it.

And there's no way your gfx card would make HIS system lag.

we play bf (interstate) my settings are on medium sould i turn them down to low?

I think the main problem- assuming you are hosting the server- is your cpu and ram. In my block at uni there are 4 of us that play battlefield (desert combat), i usually run the server and we play 4 vs 40 bots. It runs fine as long as the cpu time given to the bots isnt over 25%. But that shouldnt make any difference if theres just 2 of you 1 on 1 with no bots. Your video card shouldnt make any difference- before i got my new rig my mate downstairs used to run the server with a 5200ultra with no problems.
Getting some more memory would def help with the lag, and if youre playing desert combat, go back to normal bf or one of the official expansions like road 2 rome as they run a lot better on lower spec hardware.
Lowering the detail might help, try lowering the settings until it deosnt happens any more.

im runing 512 ddr ram right now. is that enough or more? my card is running on low and it seems to help a little.

Back