50" Hisense 4K TV with HDMI 2.0 $498

Pretty sure this is only 30hz when connected to a PC, although it claims 120hz that's marketing hype and/or smooth motion interpolation. 60hz should be possible over HDMI 2.0 but this TV actually drops every other frame at 4k/60p so it's only 30hz in effect.

Input lag is also supposed to be on the high side and as usual there is no true 4:4:4 chroma.

If all you're going to use it for is a TV and movie set then go for it, but if you want it for PC use or for gaming I'd pass....

i would assume it is a rebranded TLC VA panel that is 120 hz but obviously limited to 60. But check the specs on the cable

Good question ... I have had it under 30 days wonder if its worth taking it in and swapping it ... any input?

Two thoughts on that- First, if there was ever a time to get out of the conventional LED panel business, now would be the time. Prices continue to drop, and OLED panels will be so cheap, LED suppliers would be driven under.

Sharp 4K panels, the larger 60-70 inch ones, have color problems (reds) that have never been corrected over their run.

Back