5 PSP games worth getting this month?!

Chris_Morley

Former [H] Consumer Managing Ed.
http://psp.ign.com/articles/695/695529p1.html

IGN seems to think so.

Have any of you played these? Are PSP games getting better?

I'm looking seriously at NFS:MW 5-1-0, Prince of Persia, Syphon Filter, and Pursuit Force as my next acquisitions when it comes game-buyin' time, for several months there it seemed like slim pickin's for the PSP.

NO WAI!

But seriously, I wouldn't mind playing Syphon Filter...okay, so I really wanna play it. -.-

And that Pursuit force one. That looks interesting.

So, all in all, two games I wanna play. NOT BAD PSP! I underestimated you. Touche, good sir. Touche.

Pursuit Force isn't very good at all...the foreign versions came out quite some time ago.

Prince of Persia might end up being good, but I wouldn't hold my breath after playing the last PoP game for the PSP.

I wasnt impressed with the UK version of pursuit force, only played a few levels though. The daxter demo is great. DBZ is also very good IMO (story sucks but I play it for the fighting). Havent tried MLB 06 but only heard good things about it. And lastly, I havent played Syphon Filter but seeing it received a 9.3 I doubt it'll be a bad choice to buy.

Since I didnt like any PoP game after PoP 1 I wont comment on the PSP version. NFS is fun for awhile, more customization wouldve been nice. I suggest getting Mega Man as its a great remake of a great game. Ok I'm done now :)

They make games for the PSP?
I kid, I kid... sorry, I had to :)

Syphon Filter does look pretty good, dunno about the rest.

steviep said:
They make games for the PSP?
I kid, I kid... sorry, I had to :)

Syphon Filter does look pretty good, dunno about the rest.
That's what I've been saying - it's been several months since any good ones have been released, but it seems like a couple of developers found their PSP programming manuals or something...

Pursuit Force is awesome. They updated it from the European version...a couple of reviews say what they updated but I can't remember off the top of my head. It's a fun game and pretty damn hard. Feels unique too.

I'm definitely picking up Syphon Filter and Daxter...plus Mega Man Powered Up and Worms :).
Oh yea, I forgot about Me and My Katamari too.

I would stay away form Need For Speed 5-1-0. Having played it and gotten through the Blacklist the game is really lacking. Not much customization available for the cars and the game is very repetitive after the first hour. It was traded in as soon as I was done. I didn't even want to touch the game again. Definitely not in the WIpeout class which I still play all the time.

I have been playing Popolocrois and to be honest I am enjoying more then I expected I would. I am looking forward to some other games. I would love to see Suikoden 1&2 make it to the US along with playing Tales of Eternia, Ys: The Ark of Napishtim, and Generation of Chaos which reminds me of Dragon Force fro the Saturn....Man didn't realize all those games came out. Well anyway screw IGN and their list, I never liked them anyway. :D

I'm slowly starting to want one of these: Lumines, Alpha 3, Tekken, and Burnout are all singing their songs of seduction, not to mention the emulation...

I just picked up Luminies (really is the best game so far on PSP) , Street Fighter Alpha Max 3, and MX vs ATV Unleashed On the Edge. SFAM is pretty good, alot of people complain about the dpad, but i can pull circle moves no problem with it, their main beef should be the cheap ass final boss. MX vs has 1:00+ load times, and it kicks you back to the main menu every time you complete a track while racing, but other then that its a solid race title.

JSC450 said:
I just picked up Luminies (really is the best game so far on PSP) , Street Fighter Alpha Max 3, and MX vs ATV Unleashed On the Edge. SFAM is pretty good, alot of people complain about the dpad, but i can pull circle moves no problem with it, their main beef should be the cheap ass final boss. MX vs has 1:00+ load times, and it kicks you back to the main menu every time you complete a track while racing, but other then that its a solid race title.

I've played the crap out of Alpha 3 (I have PS1 and DC versions) so I've got Bison down pretty good ;)

i really loved Pursuit Force, cracking game if you liked chase hq etc, picking up Daxter, Syphon Filter, Ghouls and ghosts this week,
Got fight night round 3 last week and thats awesome, got exit, thats awesome, got megaman x thats awesome, got lemmings thats awesome too, some great games coming up AAA titles ahoy! My DS is gathering dust, ill probably get that back out when mario finally arrives here in the uk. ut the way things are going ill be selling my ds to get some old favourite ps1 games,

oh yeah i got sfa3m aswell and thats cracking too! Lots of good psp games at last, well worth the wait!

Just picked up Pursuit Force - fun gameplay, quick load times, excellent pick up gameplay for the PSP - well polished so far.

Too mch PSP, my thumbs hurt lol! got EXIT also, great game, worms open warfare this week also in the UK, Shit this is megagaming overload for PSP, about a dozen great games in the same month rather than just 1 or 2! Keep em coming, just had a count up, i got 22 psp games with 5 more coming this week.....

Im actually going out to buy syphon filter and daxtor today.

Both look like great games. Hopefully there will be no more about this crap that PSP has shitty games anymore on the forums.

I got Daxter yesterday and its a blast! I suggest everyone pick it up if you havent done so already.

Back