4k resolution..what DLSS option do you use?

jarablue

[H]ard|Gawd
I just bought a 4090 and am pretty excited. I have a 48inch LG C2 4k tv I use as my gaming monitor. Should I only run DLSS at quality setting? Since I run at 4k? Or do you guys run something different at 4k..why? Thanks!

Personally I use DLAA if available over DLSS, then if I need more performance I use DLSS Quality > Balanced > Performance in that order. But it depends on your viewing distance, if you're sitting far away you could get away with DLSS performance. If you sit closer you would probably prefer Quality.

I have been using dlss on fortnite with my 4090. I have a 12700kf cpu and a 4090..nothing overclocked. With dlss running at 4k on epic (max) settings, I am getting 80fps. This is using literally every setting cranked to max at 4k resolution.

Is this normal to get 80fps with that rig on fortnite? I didn't know it was that demanding. I am using direct x 12 in the settings.

Thank you!

Reactions: ilumo
like this
I have a 3090 and run at 4k and, well, it depends on the game. Some I can run with DLSS off, some need at least quality, some need performance to get enough FPS (Cyberpunk 2077...) You're just going to have to go game by game at 4k. Try stuff, play around with settings, etc. There's no magic setting that works for everything. Well, ok, maybe you could just run everything on low and get great performance, but no sane person would buy a 4090 to do that.

Back