4K Gaming: Need your advice for a new graphics card

Usually, people who say things like this have never had larger displays or multiple displays at once. I had 3x 2560x1600 30" displays for a very long time. I can make use of a great deal of monitor / screen real estate. As for the TV comment, who cares? I don't see how the display size being similar to TV sizes has any relevance. As I said above, I think 48" and 49" was a bit too large for me. Though that was only an issue for things outside of gaming. For gaming it was amazing. For mixed use, I think 38-43" is perfect, with 43" being the maximum size I am personally comfortable with.

You would probably find a 40"+ display overwhelming at first, but trust me you get used to it. Eventually, you want want to go to a much smaller display. I had 30" displays all the way back in 2007. So 27's and even 32's seem small to me.

And how did you arrive at this conclusion?
I agree with this 💯💯💯
I'll never go back to anything smaller than a 50".
Now I am a hardcore PC gamer and that is the only thing I do in my PC room. I do zero work on my PC setup lol. So for me anything less than 50" would ba a catastrophic downgrade lol especially with my 1400+nit HDR mini led at 144Hz with VRR? You're going to have to pry the 50" mini led out of my cold dead hands rofl 😂

Reactions: pavel
like this
1080p gaming. Not sure if serious. I have been on 1440P 120 Hz or higher since 2009/10.
well i upgraded to 1440p and honeslty its just not that big of an improvement over 1080, we are talking less than 30% more pixels. vs 100% more at 4k. just not worth it to upgrade IMO, (if u care about motion clarity for fast paced games like FPS)

well i upgraded to 1440p and honeslty its just not that big of an improvement over 1080, we are talking less than 30% more pixels. vs 100% more at 4k. just not worth it to upgrade IMO, (if u care about motion clarity for fast paced games like FPS)

???

1699025458242.png

I really wish I could find a 3440x1440 display at around 40-43 inches tbh. I wouldn't mind the decrease in sharpness in exchange for just having a bigger screen that's still eas(y/ier) to drive.

Actually on the contrary it is better for FPS games because the better image quality will help you see the enemies head easier to headshot them. The only acception is if you are using a $100 or less low end GPU or low end cpu and you have no choice but to run on 1080p which is just a worse experience no matter which way you cut it. Any decent GPU can push 1440p at 144 so the argument for 1080 is probably about 10 years too late lol. Saying you like a blurrier and pixilated image is just silly 🙂

Back