4K 60Hz 4:4:4 HDMI 2.0 TV Database

Hi guys!
I would like to buy a Samsung UE50HU6900. Does it support 60hz 4:4:4 ?

In a website a user said that the TV supports this format thanks to the latest firmware, other people say it doesn't support it.

Who have the latest firmware and can help me??I have a Samsung coupon of 600 €! I would like to use it :p

Thank you!

The hu6900 doesn't support 4:4:4 at 4k 60hz. The person reporting that it did work misunderstood how to test his TV which caused a number of people to buy the set only to be disappointed.

Has anyone used the Wasabi Mango UHD420? What was the panel quality like?

Are the colours better than the Philips 4K monitor? Any other issues with the Wasabi?

I already own the Philips but wouldnt mind a 40+" 4K monitor with an IPS panel as VA feels a lil washed out.

Has anyone used the Wasabi Mango UHD420? What was the panel quality like?

Are the colours better than the Philips 4K monitor? Any other issues with the Wasabi?

I already own the Philips but wouldnt mind a 40+" 4K monitor with an IPS panel as VA feels a lil washed out.

Not all VA looks washed out. Different panels/make have various quality differences. IPS are great for desktop work as contrast is not importance since you're mostly using a bright desktop. However, videos and gaming, contrast makes a huge difference. There is a reason why almost all TV makers use VA and LG is the only one that uses IPS.

To your original question, if it's an LG panel, it is probably the same on the lower end LG TV uses, although it may be an older (2014) model rather than the one in the current LG TV's. So if you're dead set on IPS, it's probably a good panel as any, other than the usual return and dead pixel policy.

What would you rekon looks the best for colour, and overall IQ between the Philips, Wasabi Mango UHD420 and the Samsung JU7100?

Are there any TV's < 40in with HDMI 2.0? I'm looking for something somewhat portable for LANs.

Last edited:
Panasonic TX-43CX740 is in stock now, there is no reviews for it and I doubt that I will buy it because I am sure that is has low PWM like the Samsungs and LGs.

LG UB8000/UB8200, thinking of ordering one my self to test. Available 40"-55". (Edit: Reading manual shows no HDMI port labeled 10-Bit, and specifically states 4:2:0.)

so why not remove this from the list, no point in leaving it and saying I think it may support it, wait no it doesn't

I know this thread is dedicated to 4k 60hz 4:4:4, but I have a few questions.

LC43UB30U:
Does this Sharp TV support 4:4:4 at 60hz (or even at 30hz)?
I talked to their customer support and they said it did, however google seems to disagree.

40JU6500FXZA:
Does this samsung tv support 4:4:4 at 60hz?
Does it support 2k resolution 4:4:4 at 60hz (primarily interested in using this for gaming)?

40JU6700FXZA:
Does it support 2k resolution 4:4:4 at 60hz (primarily interested in using this for gaming)?

Do any of the cheaper televisions, such as the Vizio M43-C1, support 4:4:4 at 60hz (or even at 30hz)?

The 40JU6500FXZA and the 40JU6700FXZA are currently my top picks.

I will be using this display primarily for software development and gaming.

Any input would be much appreciated.

[EDIT] What is PWM and how will it affect my gaming experience, movie watching experience, and general PC usage experience?

I know this thread is dedicated to 4k 60hz 4:4:4, but I have a few questions.

LC43UB30U:
Does this Sharp TV support 4:4:4 at 60hz (or even at 30hz)?
I talked to their customer support and they said it did, however google seems to disagree.

40JU6500FXZA:

40JU6700FXZA:

Do any of the cheaper televisions, such as the Vizio M43-C1, support 4:4:4 at 60hz (or even at 30hz)?

The 40JU6500FXZA and the 40JU6700FXZA are currently my top picks.

I will be using this display primarily for software development and gaming.

Any input would be much appreciated.

[EDIT] What is PWM and how will it affect my gaming experience, movie watching experience, and general PC usage experience?

From looking at Samsung's new 4K UHD and S-UHD TVs, as long as the set comes with Samsung's "UHD Color" feature you should be golden. This feature seems to only be on their higher end series, and they even state in the 40" JU7500 manual that series like the 6000 and 6400 don't come with UHD Color. If in doubt, chroma support seems to be located on pages 150-155 in their PDF manuals.

Basically, if you buy a 4K Samsung TV, go with a 2015 model 6500 series or higher so you get the UHD Color option. This will get you 8-bit color support for 4:4:4 over HDMI 2.0 @60Hz.

I'm in the same boat as you; I'd like a 40" - 48" 4K, since that puts me in the neigborhood of 110ppi - 92ppi, respectively. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this set.

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN40JU7500FXZA

EDIT: Updated with correct series and year model.

Last edited:
I have the un50ju6500, it does 444 60p over HDMI 2.0 from a gtx 960 and makes for a sweet monitor. To minimize pwm you can mess with the settings so blacklight is at max and then reduce brightness and other settings through the video card settings. Someone in the Samsung 4k thread also did a hw mod to theirs to increase pwm to 320hz.

Check the Samsung thread. 4K 60Hz 4:4:4 has been validated on HDMI1 for the Samsung 6500, 6700, 7100 and 7500 series TVs. I believe that the JS8500 and JS9000 series will also, but there hasn't been much information on those as the price has put them out of reach for most. Samsung did just drop the price on the JS series, so I expect that several of us will be trying the JS8500/JS9000 models soon.

Please note that only the 2015 models have worked across the board. I know that some of the 2014 Samsung 4K TVs could do the 4:4:4 @ 60Hz, but I believe it was hit or miss depending on the internal components used.

Hope this helps.

there is a thread on both the vizio and the sharp 43" 4k with my impressions of both. despite what customer support may have said i was unable to get 4:4:4 on the sharp and even if it was able the input lag is pretty bad. the vizio has excellent lag but 4:4:4 doesn't work and the desktop looks smudgy/blurry and i couldnt find a way to fix it. the samsung is more money but is a much better monitor than either in every way. hope this helps.

Check the Samsung thread. 4K 60Hz 4:4:4 has been validated on HDMI1 for the Samsung 6500, 6700, 7100 and 7500 series TVs. I believe that the JS8500 and JS9000 series will also, but there hasn't been much information on those as the price has put them out of reach for most. Samsung did just drop the price on the JS series, so I expect that several of us will be trying the JS8500/JS9000 models soon.

Please note that only the 2015 models have worked across the board. I know that some of the 2014 Samsung 4K TVs could do the 4:4:4 @ 60Hz, but I believe it was hit or miss depending on the internal components used.

Hope this helps.

7100/7500 will do 4:4:4 4K@60Hz on all 4 HDMI ports.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the 48" 6700 since multiple reports have it at 4k 60hz 4:4:4.

Also, if anyone is considering buying one of these TVs make sure you check out Amazon's warehouse deals. I got a couple hundred bucks off of mine because the stand had some (very minimal) scratches, which idgaf about.

From looking at Samsung's new 4K UHD and S-UHD TVs, as long as the set comes with Samsung's "UHD Color" feature you should be golden. This feature seems to only be on their higher end series, and they even state in the 40" JU7500 manual that series like the 6000 and 6400 don't come with UHD Color. If in doubt, chroma support seems to be located on pages 150-155 in their PDF manuals.

Basically, if you buy a 4K Samsung TV, go with a 2015 model 6500 series or higher so you get the UHD Color option. This will get you 8-bit color support for 4:4:4 over HDMI 2.0 @60Hz.

I'm in the same boat as you; I'd like a 40" - 48" 4K, since that puts me in the neigborhood of 110ppi - 92ppi, respectively. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this set.

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN40JU7500FXZA

EDIT: Updated with correct series and year model.

Does the Samsung UE40JU6450 has the UHD Color option ??

Are there any TV's < 40in with HDMI 2.0? I'm looking for something somewhat portable for LANs.

Acer-S277HK 27" IPS 4K Monitor w/ HDMI 2.0

• Introducing the Acer S7 Series monitor, the world's first 4K Ultra HD monitor equipped with HDMI 2.0. The sharp 4k Ultra HD display is 16:9 in 3840 X 2160 extremely high resolution which is four times higher than Full HD displays.
  • HDMI 2.0 connectivity increases bandwidth up to 18Gbps to transfer 4K content at 60 fps or four times the clarity of 1080p at 60 fps, for ever more powerful audio and visuals.
  • Premium rear speaker with DTS sound effect fulfills entertainment needs and creates a remarkable sonic flow.
  • Signal Inputs: 1 x HDMI 2.0, 1 x DVI (w/HDCP), 1 x Display Port & 1 x Mini Display Port

Cons: Backlight bleed, No VESA mount, no portrait rotation.

Last edited:
Anyone have info on the new Hisense H7 50" available at walmart? Stellar deal at $600 if it works.

You told me that Samsung UE50HU6900 doesn't support 60hz 4:4:4.

So I would like to buy a Samsung UE48JU6400. Does it support 60hz 4:4:4 ?
I would like to use it as a computer monitor too.
Thank you very much!

Only the first version (ts1) of their better 2014 models, and their current 2015 models support 444 @ 60. The 6400 is UK only low end model; the global 6500 works. It might well work but you should wait for confirmation if that's important.

Only the first version (ts1) of their better 2014 models, and their current 2015 models support 444 @ 60. The 6400 is UK only low end model; the global 6500 works. It might well work but you should wait for confirmation if that's important.
Hi,I live in italy and I would like to buy UE48JU6400.

UE48JU6500 is similar to UE48JU6400 but it's curved, anyway JU6400 should be support it

Last edited:
Maybe you could keep also a list of 4k TV-s that do not support 4k@60Hz@4:4:4 so people don't keep asking about them in the first post?

since amd failed to deliver hdmi 2.0 with new cards i had to say goodbye to amd.
I was using my tv with amd 280 @1080p resolution because mouse lag is worse than you think on 2160p and videos tear,youtube stutters,gaming impossible(it is not like console 30fps)
i don't like using pc/dvi mode in my pc because it disables all picture enhancements and videos games looks dull!
If you are using your tv as a video or picture editor tool that is of course another matter.

So i had to find a cheap solution for 4k@60hz for my pc, i saw the nvidia trick drivers that makes kepler cards run 60hz over hdmi @ 4:2:0 via hdmi 1.4. So i got myself a brand new cheap kepler gt630 and installed those drivers , wow 4k @60hz selectable at pc resolution yes it works BUT!
The picture is so washed out cant even select rgb,rgb swith utility doesnt work!
Even black level not selectable on tv menu.
Text is fuzzy, when i open a video the mouse lags like crazy like it is running on 30hz!
colors are so ugly! videos all have tearing etc.
So it is very obvious why nvidia cut the support for old cards to run 60hz!
It was too good to be true.
picture quality is no where near a real hdmi 2.0 running 4:2:0 or 2:2
Card went back and i had no choice to buy a gtx960.
Now this is the real deal. When it runs @ 2160p 60hz the fluidity is no diffrent than running @1080p @ 60hz!
Colors look fantastic,black depth is amazing(va panel) text is crystal clear! videos run perfectly! There is no lag no tearing.
This is 4:2:0 or 2:2 i don't know i don't care. I am not editing pictures.
But when i switch resolutions the tv lost signal,when i change hdmi ports tv again lose signal,i ve to close tv pc to get signal back! frustrating. I don't know problem tv or card. I am on 4k@60hz atm and not changing it .
I would like to game on 4k but i have to invest thousand of $ for a smooth gameplay so i am on cheap solution.Even gtx970 i would at least need 2!

What's the story on Sony?

My scouring is starting to pick up on this XBR830C series from them that comes in an odd 43 or 48 inch variety that *might* meet the criteria people are looking for.

What's the story on Sony?

My scouring is starting to pick up on this XBR830C series from them that comes in an odd 43 or 48 inch variety that *might* meet the criteria people are looking for.

Doesn't support 4:4:4 and has more input lag than the Samsung sets.

Doesn't support 4:4:4 and has more input lag than the Samsung sets.

Ok. I wasn't sure because I saw several reviews where people were debating that back and forth.

Seems like Samsung has really taken the lead on some of this.

I game on my 4K TV with a single GTX 980.

i payed 330$ for gtx960:mad:, gtx980 is close to 900$ gtx970 650$ here .
on the other hand i could get a brand new amd r9 290x for 350$,r9 390x 430$
r9 280 same level of gtx960 just 200$.
That is why i was waiting for amd to bring hdmi 2.0 with new cards.Amd pricing is very good but we have to pay double the price for nvidia where i live.

Just a FYI ? Headsup.

The new AMD Nano with have HDMI 2.0 ( little birdie told me )

So what's the consensus on the best 40"-ish IPS 4K TV to function as a monitor? I see this asked a lot and I'm curious myself. I plan to sit about 3.5 ft from the display.

So what's the consensus on the best 40"-ish IPS 4K TV to function as a monitor? I see this asked a lot and I'm curious myself. I plan to sit about 3.5 ft from the display.

Well, only LG and Panasonic make new IPS 4k TVs. I have an LG, but it has perceivable lag, so I cannot recommend it. Other than lag it's ok.. I had a new Samsung, but couldn't bare the terrible viewing angles, so I'm better off with this Lg.. I will tolerate the lag until next years' models come out.

That being said, the only game in town is therefore Panasonic, which makes only one IPS model (CX750).. It apparently has acceptable input lag (~35ms), but I couldn't find the info on 4:4:4 support... Still, I guess it is a safe bet that it does support 4:4:4, so this would probably be the way to go.. Panasonic CX750.

;

Normally, I hate it when someone answers by saying, "Don't get what you think you want; get what I think you should have." But if you plan to use the "TV" as a computer monitor only, I can't find a compelling reason to pick a TV over one of these true 4K@60Hz 4:4:4 monitors, posted with their current best price as shipped to USA:

$573 40 (39.5) AMH A399U, VA, but has PWM
$592 40 (39.5) Crossover 404K, VA, no PWM
$679 42 Wasabi Mango UHD420, IPS, no PWM
$773 43 Crossover 434K, IPS, no PWM
$800 40 (39.5) Philips BDM4065UC, VA
$900+ 40 (39.5) Iiyama Prolite LE4041UHS-BA (MVA)
$1000 40 Seiki SM40UNP (VA)
$???? 40 Iiyama Prolite X4070UHS. VA. (announced 2015-07-26)

Last edited:
Back