4k 40" Monitor that doesnt suck!

CaNNoN

Gawd
Hey guys...i havnt seen this covered here, so i thought i would toss it out there.

I got an AMH A409u korean made 40" 4k monitor that runs 60 hz. It does everything i was hoping....quick response time and no problems in BF4, CSgo, CoD etc...i havnt had any trouble with any games shooter or not showing any signs of screen lag.

I run it with Gigabyte 980 Ti SLI and i havnt found a game yet that doesnt run flawlessly at 4k.

Best part is, it was 629$ shipped from Korean and got to me in THREE...yes i mean THREE business days with free shipping. Got mine from Ebay.

a review of it that sealed the purchase for me was here

Take care!
C

Hey thanks for the post.

Buying anything from Korea that doesn't have a local enforceable warranty along with the possible tremendous costs of shipping there and back is very very scary to me.

These forums are littered with cautionary tales of exactly this.

Microcenter did / does stock a few Korean monitors that they will warranty for obvious reasons. I think these would be safe to buy.

This seems perfect for me. I just wish it was a normal brand.

This seems perfect for me. I just wish it was a normal brand.

Agreed. I've wanted a large format 4k monitor for over a year now and haven't picked up any due it either being 1) A cheapo Korean brand I have to get off ebay 2) A TV with unacceptable amounts of input lag or lack of 4:4:4 or 3) Using low frequency PWM found on the Philips and Seiki pro. Sigh if the Philips or Seiki pro was PWM free I would've been all over it.

This looks pretty much identical to my 404K, excepting the stand. The case, button locations, inputs, etc. are all the same, even the menu looks identical. This looks essentially like a re-branded 404K.

Agreed. I've wanted a large format 4k monitor for over a year now and haven't picked up any due it either being 1) A cheapo Korean brand I have to get off ebay 2) A TV with unacceptable amounts of input lag or lack of 4:4:4 or 3) Using low frequency PWM found on the Philips and Seiki pro. Sigh if the Philips or Seiki pro was PWM free I would've been all over it.

Brother? This is exactly my issue. PWM for me is not an option.

Hey thanks for the post.

Buying anything from Korea that doesn't have a local enforceable warranty along with the possible tremendous costs of shipping there and back is very very scary to me.

Microcenter did / does stock a few Korean monitors that they will warranty for obvious reasons. I think these would be safe to buy.

Hey thanks for the post.

This really is not the case. Had a 49" 4k crossover go bad on me. Seller sold me a shipping label for $40 And had me ship to california. Replacement cheap from korea, 1 year warranty. Just buy a square trade warranty.

You can also buy from newegg and amazon.

People forget for yeaes the best monitors you could buy was a 27" 1440p PLS 96-120hz monitor from korea. These monitors literally ushered in the 1440p era

Nothing about lag or speed so its not perfect. Will need to see honest legit reviews first.

I could handle that. Sell off the benq 3200 and that should cover half.

Hey wow guys this got some rubs....well...all i can tell ya so far i love mine. It has absolutely stunning color and contrast....and the 4k is 100% amazing. With vsync on in BF4 and Star wars battlefront either on ultra no MSAA 60 fps stays locked on the FPS counter. It doesnt ever move off 60 fps. Battlefront is absolutely amazing at 4k once you get your colors worked out to suite your own eye. I will never settle for less that this for video ever again. I can clearly see things in any game that were before very difficult to identify due to the large display sitting about 2.5 feet away it is like you are looking directly into the environment....very immersive. There is also a warranty on it but i cant say right now what it is, i believe it was through my ebay seller, but i would have to dig up the email. So far no dead pixels no problems what so ever it has been a joyful and flawless experience with this monitor. Top rating from me. The system that pushes it is in my sig for those questions etc...

to add...i have also found this screen to be very well suited to audio workshop tasks....the system in general is very well suited for multi track recording and video processing. It has done me very well in those respects as well. Very sharp GUI's and OSD's for all my DAW's and FX plugins. Multi tasking at its finest with 16 windows on the screen at any one time ready for maximization at any time. You can get a lot done in a lot less time with everything open and working and only 35% of the systems resources are used to establish this and they each run flawlessly and fast. Its a great computing experience for sure.

TTYL!
C

Hey wow guys this got some rubs....well...all i can tell ya so far i love mine. It has absolutely stunning color and contrast....and the 4k is 100% amazing. With vsync on in BF4 and Star wars battlefront either on ultra no MSAA 60 fps stays locked on the FPS counter. It doesnt ever move off 60 fps. Battlefront is absolutely amazing at 4k once you get your colors worked out to suite your own eye. I will never settle for less that this for video ever again. I can clearly see things in any game that were before very difficult to identify due to the large display sitting about 2.5 feet away it is like you are looking directly into the environment....very immersive. There is also a warranty on it but i cant say right now what it is, i believe it was through my ebay seller, but i would have to dig up the email. So far no dead pixels no problems what so ever it has been a joyful and flawless experience with this monitor. Top rating from me. The system that pushes it is in my sig for those questions etc...
This AMH A409u seems to hit all the right notes for me, Matte, no PWM, DP 1.2, HDMI 2.0, Price

Is yours the v1/v2? Firmware version? Where did you get it - what seller? Did you order perfect pixel? Are you still happy with input response / lag? Any other issues?

from AMH A409U Review
"
input lag: 43.44ms.
"
and the reviewer was only running at 1080p for that particular measure...

"In addition to the input lag, ghosting is also present."
"this monitor is not really useable for gaming"

so not sucking probably depends what you plan to use it for, granted maybe not the burn in issues of the dell or phillips but those are still some big problems for at least some users, then there's no adaptive sync either which is going to mean tearing as well for a good number of people using it at 4k rather than 1080.

Back